Shopping in Majahual?

Ag_Cruiser

I know Majahual is a small villiage, but is there any good shopping there? We like the smaller, more "local" feeling places in the Cozumel and often find they have a better selection of "non-touristy" things. We also like to help out the local economy and not the big corporations that run most of the stuff in other ports. If there is good shopping, is it cheaper than in Cozumel by-and-large? Seems like it would be since it's not so inundated with tourists. What should we be sure to buy there versus Coz.? Anyplace (shopping wise) we must go?

Thanks!

Much more authentic and not as touristy. Better prices I thought. People not as pushy. Not as MANY shops in the village, but some neat stuff. We bought some neat hammocks to bring back. Definitely different from the port shops right there at the dock - thought they were WAY high, but that's been almost a year ago.

Hmmm... I know they weren't more than $30 and I think we got them for less. I really can't remember. Sorry. Yes, they were colorful - one we bought for daughter was rainbow colors. They had several colors as I remember though. I remember liking the different colors rather than one "solid" color.

I agree with Debbie in MS. The prices were better and it was more fun dealing with the locals than the shops in Cozumel. Not very fancy, but really fun and lots of "different" things.
When approached to buy something, or "Lady come see my shop" was called out I said no thank you and that was it. They didn't chase me half way donw the street.
I'm looking forward to my next visit to May-ha-wall

Archived