ship scedules??

bctdr

We are traveling on the Valor in January and we have never cruised before. I was wondering how acurate the schedule from carnival is. It says we port in GC at 9:00 a.m.. Does that mean you get off the ship at 9:00 or how does that work. I am trying to book a private excursion. Thanks for anyhelp.:p

The arrival time is just that - the time the ship gets to the port. Usually they don't let anyone off for 1/2 hour to an hour after arrival. Then, they let off the folks who bought a ship's excursion with an early meet time. Only after that can others get off - and there will probably be a long line waiting to get off.

Plus, in GC you have to tender to the dock, so you have to wait for the tenders to fill up nad then get to the dock. If you're far enough back in line, you'll have to wait until a tender delivers it's passengers and comes back to your ship. Also, your ship has to share tenders with other ships in port. You might want to check out the port schedule for the day you'll arrive to see which other ships are there and what their arrival times are. A good site to find port schedules is http://cruiseclues.com/portschedules.htm#cruisecalls

Now, with that said, sometimes the ship arrives earlier than planned, and people can start getting off sooner, but certainly don't count on that. If you're booking an excursion with a private company, just tell them what ship you're on - they know what the schedules are. They should be able to set a reasonable time for you to meet them at the dock.

whomever you book the private excursion with , will be aware of such situations. On all of the private tours I've taken, we usually have different folks from different ships that happen to be in port that day...the tour operators gather everyone up and usually won't start until all have arrived{within reason}...never pay for the private tour until you are on it {in case you change your mind or miss it}...and as a first time cruiser you should know that when you book a private tour,if you are late to get back to the ship they will leave without you...better to take an early tour and risk missing the tour, than taking a later tour and risk missing the ship....which port is in question?

Bob& france

Bob and Frances, I was questioning the port in Grand Cayman. It looks as if we are suppose to arrive at 9:00 am, according to carnival. I change my excursion time with Captian Marvin's stingray tour from 10:00 am to 11:15. I hope this gives me enough time! They have been really good to work with. Thanks for your help with this. Every five minutes I think of a new question...

Carrie

first cruise Valor January 2005!!!:p

Carrie: an 11:125 time will be perfect. You dont have to wait in line with all the masses trying to get off at 10. Stingray tours usually last about 3 hours or so- You have polenty of time to enjoy your tour and get back to the ship.

1)The ship "usually" arrives before the scheduled time

2)ALWAYS go by SHIP TIME

3)If you book through Carnival's excursion desk, they'll let you get off the ship FIRST

4)The 3rd party hosts are aware of certain situations and won't leave you

5)Tendering to GC is HORRIBLE. Get to the loading dock asap!

GC is one hour behind the eastern US time.

see-conflicting information here. I always thought Grand Cayman is one hour behind eastern time. When I am cruising on the Miracle in February I am making excursions based on that time. How does one check this out>

see-conflicting information here. I always thought Grand Cayman is one hour behind eastern time. When I am cruising on the Miracle in February I am making excursions based on that time. How does one check this out>
Depends on the time of year. GC is in Central time zone, but does not observe daylight savings time. So for five months of the year GC is one hour behind ET, the rest of the time CST = EDT.

Arrival and departure time is always ship time. You are required to be back aboard one half hour before the departure time listed.

In May when we were in Belize, our posted arrival was 8 am, and we arrived 8 am, Belize time, not ship time, which was an hour behind at the time. Were we just late in arrival that day?

I Received A Reply From An Outside Excursion Vendor Today Who Told Me When I Asked About Ship Versus Island Time In February That My Ship (miracle) Will Be In Port From 7am To 4pm Local Time, Est. I Am Interpreting This To Mean We Will Be On The Same Time Since My Ship Is Leaving From Tampa, Fl Which Is Est. Or Am I Mistaken?

Dear BCTDR...did you get all your answers ?..this thread seemed to take on a life of it's own.....anyhooooo....Stangray City,is a wonderfull adventure....the entire 3 hrs should cost you no more than $20....I can get you a direct link to book on-line....they will take great care of your valuable time..will only ask for payment once your actaully on their boat and given this is all they do, they know all about ship time,land time and being on time...so that all you need to do is have a good time!

rjsfq@aol.com

Bob&France

Bob & France, Thanks for the help. I have already booked with Capt. Marvin's. I heard they had a good reputation. I changed our tour time to 11:15. I hope this works..This cruising is crazy!! I spend too much time thinking about playing in the sun.

Carrie

Valor Jan 2005

Ok...when you say too much time.......is that possible?.....people working these threads {myself included} LOVE thinking about what's ahead...this way the vacation last's about 4 months.......3 1/2 months preparing via CC ,a week on the cruise...and then another week sending in a review....gotta love it...

bo&france

Archived