Princess tour: "Discover Grenada, Isle Of Spice, With Lunch"... anyone done this??

SuperLarz

We are cruising on the Caribbean Princess on Feb. 8th. (10 days and counting!!) This will be our very first cruise!

We have booked private tours in both Dominica and Bonaire, but are considering a Princess tour in Grenada.

My main interests in Grenada are to see some of the spice and rum industries, because it seems to be such a huge part of their culture and livlihood. I am also interested in the history of the island. This tour, "Discover Grenada, Isle Of Spice, With Lunch", seems to encompass all of that, plus some time to hang out on the beach.

I am wondering if anyone has done this tour, and what your thoughts are. It's fairly expensive, $99.00 per person, and it includes lunch.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! (And for the record, I've been doing extensive research on private tours as well, and have spent lots of time in this "Grenada" forum and on Trip Advisor.) I guess I'm just curious how Princess's tours stack up against the others. And I'm not really interested in seeing a bunch of landscape and scenery, only because I will have done an all-day hike on Dominica the day before. So the spice plantations/markets and rum distilleries are just what I'm looking for. (Plus, plenty of "tasting" )

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Cheers,

Amy

Archived