twenty year cruiser Balmoral Jan 09

I was on the storm tossed Balmoral cruise Jan 17 to Jan 27 09 and although disapointing that we did not make our Itinery ports I must praise the ships captain for informing us about the conditions Yes it was rough but exciting and experencing dining in a force ten gale with all the plates and cutlery flying about was something else also trying to have a shower and a shave one handed is also an art in a pitching cabin. But most :)passengers coped well in the circumstances and enjoyed all the activities although there were twenty one injuries of passengers and crew during the bad weather, Would I cruise with Fred Olsen again??? probably but not during the winter as you take your chance on the weather.:mad:

Fred Olsen have offered us a discount on any future cruise with them until 2010 which I do not consider good enough.

Twenty Year Cruiser. 29-1-09.

I was on the storm tossed Balmoral cruise Jan 17 to Jan 27 09 and although disapointing that we did not make our Itinery ports I must praise the ships captain for informing us about the conditions Yes it was rough but exciting and experencing dining in a force ten gale with all the plates and cutlery flying about was something else also trying to have a shower and a shave one handed is also an art in a pitching cabin. But most :)passengers coped well in the circumstances and enjoyed all the activities although there were twenty one injuries of passengers and crew during the bad weather, Would I cruise with Fred Olsen again??? probably but not during the winter as you take your chance on the weather.:mad:

Fred Olsen have offered us a discount on any future cruise with them until 2010 which I do not consider good enough.

Twenty Year Cruiser. 29-1-09.

Thank you; I've been hoping to get another first-hand account after the photographs we all saw. As you probably know, the previous cruise arrived late in Dover, and as we left the port we saw queues of cars, full of people looking terribly pleased that they were about to embark. Jolly exciting experience though, except for those unfortunates who were injured, of course.

The time limit seems rather harsh, if you mean that you have to take a cruise by the end of 2009; many will have already booked their holidays for this year.

Mary

Archived