Splendor Verandah Cabin 8335 Midship

copman

We had to accept a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck of the Splendor (8335) for our cruise in April, and I am curious as to what to expect in regard to the noise.

I have read many posts in which some people say the never heard any noise from above on the Lido deck, and others saying they heard chairs scrape across the floor all night...

Just curious if anyone who has been on the Splendor can give me an honest assessment.

Thanks..

Just got off the Splendor. April? Are you leaving out of L.A.?

We were seriously thinking about doing the 47 day trip from Ft. Lauderdale to LA but it just didn't workout.

We were on deck 10, room 1069. My only complaint is that we were surrounded by smokers and so our time on the balcony was not a plus.

Our room was quiet. No noise. No scraping. Good access.

The last cruise we were on Deck 8 with a balcony and it was nice but we were on the Miracle. Then on Deck 9 on the Valor which is pretty much the same ship different name.

All in all there was no noise.

Have a good trip.

About half the crew on the ship will be new. They lost a lot of people because they couldn't get their sea papers. So you will have a new crew in the make a really good impression mode.

Also, if you have the inclination, go to the "Pinnacle"? restaurant. You need to make reservations. It is the best dinning on the ship. Plan on taking 2 to 3 hours to eat. Cost is $30 a head but you can't beat the dinning. It doesn't matter what you order on the menu the price is fixed.

Usually the person you can get reservations from is standing in one of halls with a plate full of meat, usually on the way to one of the two dinning halls. If you can't find them call the help desk. It is really worth it.

Have a really good time. The Mexican Riviera is really a lot of fun.

• 3 weeks later...
We had to accept a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck of the Splendor (8335) for our cruise in April, and I am curious as to what to expect in regard to the noise.

I have read many posts in which some people say the never heard any noise from above on the Lido deck, and others saying they heard chairs scrape across the floor all night...

Just curious if anyone who has been on the Splendor can give me an honest assessment.

Thanks..

We'll be a deck below your location in July...7335 on the Empress Deck. This will be my first Carnival ship and so I'm not at all familiar with the layout or deck plans, but it looked like a great location midship and very close to the elevators & stairs. Was your concern only because of the Lido Deck directly above you or were there other things you didn't like about the location?

I was originally concerned about the noise from the lido pool area above 8335, so I got a good deal ($40PP)to upgrade to a spa balcony on the panorama deck instead. My wife is very excited about it... I pretty much look at exercise like "No pain..No pain."

Archived