Tipping

amber8339

I might get flamed for saying this but I'm being honest. We didn't tip for our 10mos old dau. I was still "nesting" (does it end sometime after birth?)and was fanatical about keeping our room super clean. She also was crawling...enough said. She was still nursing and wasn't into food yet. So she didn't eat anything at the dinner table. Yes, she had dirty diapers and I put each one in a separate diaper sack and knotted them so we had no odor problems and the stewards didn't have a problem. We had no special requests regarding her except for reserving the crib.

Our steward and wait staff were excellent and we gave them full tips for my husband and I. I even wrote a note to Carnival about how great they were to us and how they did a good job. And we thanked them personally at the end of the cruise. My husband felt that our daughter did not cause them extra work, and we truly went out of our way the entire cruise to make sure that we weren't causing anyone any trouble including our fellow cruisemates by having her with us on the cruise.

We are bringing her again in a week and she will be 22mos. I know she will eat and be messy for sure this time. Our steward and wait staff will get a tip this cruise. I still plan on keeping the room as clean as I did the last time and I still plan on going out of my way to make sure she is not disturbing others. I just am not able to contain her as I did before :).

I think most people tip according to the service they have received and if their expectations were met or more than met. I have had stewards that I never saw and couldn't find and the last cruise we had a steward that seemed to always be there when you needed him. When I think about how it's broken down, they don't seem to get that much per day, but it does add up over the course of the cruise.

Archived