Meet and Greet set-up question

Bacchus76

When I email NCL a month before our sail date to set up the meet and greet for our roll call, do they need just a number of people attending or do they need names (first and last?) for all attendees?

Any help would be much appreciated- thank you!

Does anyone have any suggestions for creating name tags for the M&G's or are they supplied by NCL? Thanks!:)

NCL will not provide name tags. You should bring your own.

Doing them in advance on the computer makes them much nicer, but many on your roll call will probably not show, so many will be wasted.

Including the CC screen / user names on the tags helps put faces and names together since that is all we typically know from CC.

Last time one member brought blank name tags and I brought smaller day-glow ones that had been pre-printed with just the screen names (one per name). I kept a running list of CC roll call members on the forum and used that to check off as people came to the M&G.

NCL Pearl provided a M&G sign in sheet that they kept after the meeting.

NCL will not provide name tags. You should bring your own.

Doing them in advance on the computer makes them much nicer, but many on your roll call will probably not show, so many will be wasted.

Including the CC screen / user names on the tags helps put faces and names together since that is all we typically know from CC.

Last time one member brought blank name tags and I brought smaller day-glow ones that had been pre-printed with just the screen names (one per name). I kept a running list of CC roll call members on the forum and used that to check off as people came to the M&G.

NCL Pearl provided a M&G sign in sheet that they kept after the meeting.

Thanks for the feedback!:D

I'm hoping to set one up for our cruise coming up if there's a positive response. Is there a minimum number they accept? Would the officer's or captain be interested in meeting, say, 5 people?

There does not seem to be any defined minimum. Go ahead and request it...by the time you are a week out, you probably will have many more on your roll call. NCL knows that not everyone on the roll call will show up.

The Captain would rarely be seen in a CC Meet and Greet, in my experience. Most likely would be the Cruise Director and the Hotel Director, the group coordinator and probably a high ranking chef. The Hotel Director and the Cruise Director are the ones to get to know.

The Captain would rarely be seen in a CC Meet and Greet, in my experience. Most likely would be the Cruise Director and the Hotel Director, the group coordinator and probably a high ranking chef. The Hotel Director and the Cruise Director are the ones to get to know.

We had the hotel director, f&b director, concierge, group coordinator, CD, future crusie dude, housekeeping manager, and probably a few I missed. My experience was that getting to know the hotel director and concierge absolutely made our cruise!

First, I would agree that getting to know the hotel director and the cruise director at our previous meet and greets was very helpful. Throughout the week they always said hello and asked if there was anything that we needed - these folks do seem to remember the cruise critic faces.

Regarding the captain's attendance - I had asked this specific question for our M&G scheduled for our 2/14/09 Majesty cruise. NCL replied that, while they could not compel the captain to attend (it is "his" vessel..) we certainly could put in a personal appeal to the group coordinator once we're on board. Since our current M&G group has over 50 folks signed up, I would think that we could make a pretty good case for the Capt. to make at least a brief stop.

The other M&G's that we have attended (both on RCCL and NCL) have always had the captain in attendance...

~Bob

We sail this next Friday on the Jade (Europe). I have orchestrated the last 3 of these over the last 3 years. We have had on the average of 40-60 members show up. On the Pearl to Alaska, 1 1/2 years ago, not one Officier or Crew showed up. On the Last one on the Spirit last March, we had the XO and about 5 other ships and Crew. Great turnout. They are normally held at LaBistro. NOW, lets talk about the one for next week. We have 130 confirmed Cruise critic members (as of 2 days ago), that are coming. Because of the large number, they are giving us the smaller of the 2 main dining rooms on board. I can't believe the turnout for this group. I have created my own tags, Office depot for the tags, Preprinted a picture of the ship and the names.:)Tom:)

Thanks for sharing Tom. Does the ship provide anything except the venue?

Last month on the Spirit, we had danishes and morning-type rolls (our meeting was at 10am), orange juice, water, and coffee. They also had a sign in sheet because they want to know exactly who attends as well.

Last month on the Spirit, we had danishes and morning-type rolls (our meeting was at 10am), orange juice, water, and coffee. They also had a sign in sheet because they want to know exactly who attends as well.

Thank you, Carmen. I appreciate your help. Question: Only a few people are, so far, onboard with the M&G. I'm pretty sure it's because it's early. Should I still go ahead and email the groupevent.com person and let them know that, at this point, we "hope" to have a M&G? Time is kinda running short, but our roll call is pretty small. We sail in 2.5 months.

Most definitely contact the EventCoordinator for that ship. Just call the main number and ask for them. Most of your setup will be handled by email. they will then contact the ship coordinator and let you know who they are, usually about a week before sailing. We have had a letter waiting for us in our cabin when we arrived on the ship. You still have 2 plus months, lots of time.:)

Most definitely contact the EventCoordinator for that ship. Just call the main number and ask for them. Most of your setup will be handled by email. they will then contact the ship coordinator and let you know who they are, usually about a week before sailing. We have had a letter waiting for us in our cabin when we arrived on the ship. You still have 2 plus months, lots of time.:)

Thanks again, Tom. I'll call Monday.

Archived