Vancouver Hotel for one night

tvisser

We are going to be in Vancouver one night in mid June prior to the start of our cruise. I was looking at the various hotels and wanted to get your opinion on the Hampton Inn and Suites. It appears it is downtown but I am not sure how far from everything. I would like to stay closer to the water or at least in a hotel that allows you to see the cruise ships. We may also take the city tour and want to be close to where there is a pickup location. Will this hotel fit those needs? If not, what would you recommend? If you booked through Royal or other cruise lines, where do they have you stay?

Thanks,

Tim

I will get you started by trying to answer some of your questions regarding the Hampton Inn

Go to this link:

http://www.hotelsbythepier.com/index2.php?pier=vancouver-canada-place

It will give you an idea where the various hotels in the downtown core are.

The only three that give you a view of Canada Place would be the Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront and the Westin Bayshore - the two Marriotts are close but I don't know if they have views of the ships.

Both the Hop on hop off and Big Bus will stop at or near your hotel.

If you are sailing on RCCL you will most likely be leaving from Ballantyne Pier in which case no hotel will give you a view of the ship as that Pier is in the industrial part of the port.

Some of the other locals will probably also offer there opinion also.

Cheers

Dennis

All,

I appreciate your feedback. The map of the hotels and location of the pier was very beneficial. Based on the feedback it looks like we should be OK with the Hampton.

Next question. If we want to go to Victoria for the day but are coming up from Seattle, is there a way to take a ferry from Seattle to Victoria and then Victoria into Vancouver? From my initial research it appears this is not possible and we will need to take a round trip from Vancouver. If our only option is Vancouver, should we take our van or leave it at the hotel? My dad has a hard time walking so I am thinking taking the van can help him but I have not researched the roads and area yet so any feedback or recommendation you have would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Check with Washington State Ferries, they have for years run a ship to Sydney just outside of Victoria .... but I think they did announce a curtailment of the run just recently.

Another alternative is the Balck Ball Ferry, the Coho that runs from Port Angeles on the Olympic Pennisula to downtown Victoria. The drive to the Port Angleles is a little out of the way but nonetheless scenic. The you could come to Vancouver via BC Ferries.

Likley your best plan is to cross the border the Peace Arch Crossing then go to BC Ferries terminal at Tsawwassen, about a 30 min drive from the border, take your van aboard, enjoy your day in Victoria then come back to Tsawwassen and drive into Vancouver.

http://cohoferry.com/main/

http://www.bcferries.com/

Archived