Getting from Plantation to POM

FlyGirl22

Hello all...I have a group of 4 cruisers, cruising out of Miami at the end of March. It was much cheaper for us to fly in to FLL, and then I got a what seemed like a GREAT deal on a FLL hotel. ($66 plus tax for the Sheraton Suites Plantation using Hotwire.)

But now that I'm trying to plan the ground transportation for us, I'm wondering if it was worth it. :confused: We need to get from the FLL aiport to the Sheraton ($35 cab fare according to hotel website), then from the hotel to the port on cruise day ($100 cab fare!!!).

Thinking of renting a car since it will be cheaper ($59 total for Avis, with no drop fee)...but wondering about the logistics of getting all 4 of us plus luggage to the rental car place to return the car, then in a shuttle (or cab?) to the port. Seems like it could turn in to a hassle.

What would you do? Is it better to drop off at Avis at MIA or use the downtown location? (Does either one shuttle to the port?) I guess we could drive to the port, drop off all of the luggage and 3 people, and one drive back to return the car. How long would that take?

Thank you to anyone who made it this far! I have also emailed SAS to see what his price would be. Any other suggestions?

-Melissa

Hello all...I have a group of 4 cruisers, cruising out of Miami at the end of March. It was much cheaper for us to fly in to FLL, and then I got a what seemed like a GREAT deal on a FLL hotel. ($66 plus tax for the Sheraton Suites Plantation using Hotwire.)

But now that I'm trying to plan the ground transportation for us, I'm wondering if it was worth it. :confused: We need to get from the FLL aiport to the Sheraton ($35 cab fare according to hotel website), then from the hotel to the port on cruise day ($100 cab fare!!!).

Thinking of renting a car since it will be cheaper ($59 total for Avis, with no drop fee)...but wondering about the logistics of getting all 4 of us plus luggage to the rental car place to return the car, then in a shuttle (or cab?) to the port. Seems like it could turn in to a hassle.

What would you do? Is it better to drop off at Avis at MIA or use the downtown location? (Does either one shuttle to the port?) I guess we could drive to the port, drop off all of the luggage and 3 people, and one drive back to return the car. How long would that take?

Thank you to anyone who made it this far! I have also emailed SAS to see what his price would be. Any other suggestions?

-Melissa

I got a rental on Hotwire for $20. I picked it up right at the airport.

You will love the Sheraton Suites, it's a great airport.

Joanne

I got a rental on Hotwire for $20. I picked it up right at the airport.

You will love the Sheraton Suites, it's a great airport.

Joanne

The problem with Hotwire in this instance is that they don't do one-way rentals. We are picking up the car at FLL and returning to MIA.

I won the Sheraton Suites last year and you will love it, especially for that price.

I would rent a car at the airport and then drop off downtown Miami. You should be able to get a shuttle back to the port without a problem. If you do have to get a cab it would be cheaper from the downtown location then at the airport.

Enjoy your trip

does the sheraton suites only have King beds? and is the hotel close to the water taxi

Sheraton Suites is in Plantation, so I believe that it's about 20 minutes from downtown FLL.

Joanne

Archived