Hugh Parkey's in Belize

King Neptune

I recently was on a Western Caribbean cruise that stopped in Belize. I booked thru the cruise due to the tendering situation. There were three ships in port that day and all three had snorkeling and diving trips set up with Hugh Parkey's. We were picked up directly from the cruise ship and after stopping at all the ships we made our way in about 20 minutes to their location on one of the atolls. Once there we got everyone's gear and left for two dive locations about 40 minutes away. We dove at the "Notch" and another site within spitting distance called the "Log"

Both dives went to about 75 feet for 45 minutes along a wall. The group was split into smaller groups of 6-7 with a dive master. The dive master did a good job of pointing out sea life in the wall. He did a turn around when the first diver got to 1/2 a tank. As divers got low on air they were sent up to the boat while the others kept diving in the shallow reef under the boat.

After the dives we went back to their home base to turn in gear and shop at the gift shop or get some refreshment from their bar/restaurant before heading back to the ship.

All in all it was about 6.5 - 7 hours start to finish.

K.N.

Thanks for the detailed review on the logistics involved in the diving. A few questions.

Which cruise line where you on? I think most use Parkey's but maybe not all.

How did you like the diving/ dive sites?? Condition of corals/sponges/reef? Good fish life? ect?

How was the staff? Boat crew? Dive Masters? Were you pleased with the service / experience?

Given the option would you do it again?

Thanks

Rich

thanks for the review. We head out Sunday on the Pearl and have booked this excursion. Glad to hear it was worthwhile. How was the water temp. did you where a full suit or a shorty??

Water temp was around 80 degrees. I was wearing a full suit but some were wearing a shorty. Personnally, I was glad I had a full suit but then I get cold.

K.N.

Thanks for the detailed review on the logistics involved in the diving. A few questions.

Which cruise line where you on? I think most use Parkey's but maybe not all.

How did you like the diving/ dive sites?? Condition of corals/sponges/reef? Good fish life? ect?

How was the staff? Boat crew? Dive Masters? Were you pleased with the service / experience?

Given the option would you do it again?

Thanks

Rich

I was on the Veendam but the other ships were the Pearl and the Legend.

The diving was good, lots of nice soft corals and lots of smaller fish. We also saw eels, lobsters, and crabs.

The staff and crew were good and I was happy with them.

Given the situation with tendering especially, I wouldn't hestitate to do it again.

Archived