Savings Certificates

GeckoGirl

Does anyone know if the Crown & Anchor will have saving certificates for the Oasis. I have been checking mine but don't see any yet.

Also if you book now and they come out with them later can you still use them? I have always used mine at the time of booking so I wasn't sure. Thanks

In the past I had used a saving certificate after I booked a cruise - and before final payment was made. Reading the fine print on the back of the saving certificate you must use the certificate at the time a reservation is made through a TA. But if you don't use a TA and deal with RCI vacation planner direct then you have until you final payment is made. There are other stipulations in the fine print such as not combining it with other promotions. At least that's what I understand.

Also, the certificate has a note to the TA that commission is based on the discounted price. So some TAs may hesitate to help you out if you wanted to use a certificate.

I'm not overly optimistic that we will see many Oasis certificates because it is a new ship and it appears many cruisers want to be on her the first year. If you are thinking about reservations for cruises beginning in September 2010 those cabins seem to be going fast (probably due to the price drop at that time). I decided not to wait and dealt directly with RCI. Now all I have to do is wait it out.

Hopefully, we will all see a saving certificate for our cruises or price drops - I'll take them too.

Enjoy the thrill.

Thanks for the info, the last time I used the savings certificate I had booked directly thru RCI and use it at the time of booking, then later on before final payment I transfered to a TA to get OBC.

We are thinking of going in May 2010, because we will be celebrating our friends anniversary and my husbands birthday.

Although September is definitely cheaper becasue of hurricane season.

I would guess as some dates get closer we might see price drops in order to fill the ship, but from what I have read and heard alot of people are already booking Oasis so who knows.

Archived