Questions about grandeur ots

kicker

I've been reading through these posts and have answers to some questions, but can anyone answer these:

1). Read a review that says 9" tv screens? Is this current?

2). Bedding - I thought RCI had new bedding on all ships, but some reviews complain about the bedding. How is it?

3). Different opinions about whether SKYPE works with a laptop (slow internet service). Anyone try it successfully (or unsuccessfully).

Answers to these and anything related to Grandeur is appreciated.

Note: We've done 5 RCI cruises with no complaints, and friends of ours did their 1st cruise this summer on Grandeur and loved it.

Hi, we have been on the Grandeur of the Seas 3x, with our last cruise on her over the New Years holiday (12/26-1/5/09).

We stayed in a Jr. Suite and yes, the TVs have small, 9 in screens. The bedding has been updated and we found it to be adequate.

I am not sure about skype but did find internet usage to be a little slow.

Hope this info helps!

Just off the Grandeur last Saturday and found it to be a fantastic ship!

TV's - yes, they're the old style Sony's. Can't tell if it's 9" or 13" (probably 13"). Wasn't really bothered by this at all - I only look at the channel with the map & course information on it anyway.

Beds- new bedding is in all cabins on Grandeur. I found it to be very comfortable, and comparable to my cruises on HAL and Cunard.

Internet - I've had slower access on other ships, but it's still just that: shipboard internet. I don't think a Skype call will hold up very well on it; it's just not fast enough.

I have some photos of the Grandeur here:

http://gallery.me.com/atomicaaron#100025

Hi, kicker and hi to everyone else. Sounds like you're still up in the air about your next cruise. How did you all like the Sovereign? Should be about the same experience on the Grandeur. She'll not have quite as many decks, but should have about the same amenities. I personally like the Vision class ships - they seem cozy after the Liberty. Not as many dining options, of course. We are giving the Grandeur a try ourselves this summer. Sailing out of Baltimore to Bermuda (we've never been there) and then back for the long 4th of July weekend with Chip's brother and sister who both live in the D.C. area. My son is coming down from New York as well. Anyway, whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

P.S. The interior cabins look pretty much like the oceanviews shown in Atomica's pictures. I've stayed in an OV on the Splendour and there is an amazing amount of room. The little loveseat was great for curling up on and reading and watching the waves. (It was chilly when we sailed.)

P.P.S. Did you see this review? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17955699&postcount=1

Vicki: I've been following your cruising adventures from time to time - I've stayed off these boards for a while because it didn't like like we could do a cruise this year (hey - if you put your e-mail on our old Liberty site, I'll explain - I want to contact a couple others this week).

As I said, 5 RCI cruises and no complaints. This is a last minute idea for mid-February, believe it or not. Our choices are the Grandeur, a 4 day Carnival cruise, Madrid Spain or nothing. Will let you and others know on the Liberty site soon. thanks again to everyone for the info.

"Hi Vicki & Tanks to All Responders So Far... Vicki: I've been following your cruising adventures from time to time - I've stayed off these boards for a while because it didn't like like we..."

Looking at the above, I really should take time and read these things over before I hit "submit"! It's obviously, "Thanks", not tanks, and it "didn't look like", not didn't like like. Vicki can certainly tell everyone I'm not as dumb as I look.

kicker is not dumb! I ate dinner with him and his family every night for a week so I can attest to that.

Email address has been posted.

Madrid sounds like fun. I'd take the Grandeur - especially going to Key West - over Carnival any day, but then I really didn't like my one Carnival cruise. (Will say in all fairness that the food was good and the dining room service was great. It was the chopped up boat - not being able to get there from here so to speak - and the uncomfortable stateroom that I didn't like.)

Archived