killing time in Miami?

MamaParrotHead

ship pulls into to port at 8:00 a.m. (miami). our choices for flights aren't good...11:45 a.m. (Carnival guy said not to book anything before 1:00 p.m.) or 6:00 p.m. what can we do for 6-8 hours? anywhere to stash our luggage? i have a feeling we'll be tired and don't have the foggiest idea what we can do to kill that much time. appreciate quick responses, as we've seen all flights we've even CONSIDERED either disappearing before our eyes or price jumping.

thanks!

I'm going to try to get a cheap hotel room on Priceline. I'm returning from a trip on the Valor myself, Feb. 27; our flight leaves FLL at 7:40 PM.

I know from our last cruise, when we were in the same situation, we were dog tired and just wanted to nap somewhere, maybe hang out at the pool and have lunch. We found a place last minute and paid rack rate; I won't be doing that again!

-Stacey

P.S. You're right about the airfares, they're awful. I just kept checking and checking, finally found a brief cheapie around midnight one night (gone by the next AM, so book fast when you do find it).

we did manage to get a decently priced flight at the times we wanted, though we'll be changing planes twice on our return trip. no biggie, considering we'll still get home early than the later flight (with lay overs) would have gotten us there.

a hotel room was plan B. good luck! we got a hotel on priceline for the night before we sail for $55 at the Mariott Courtyard downtown Miami.

Archived