A/V inputs on Voyager

k2

Can anyone tell me itf the televisions (in the room) on the Voyager have any A/V inputs? I am wondering if my travel DVD player can be plugged in and my little ATARI joystick (for the kids to use while we are getting ready for dinner). I have never brought them b4, but thought it may be fun!

Can anyone tell me itf the televisions (in the room) on the Voyager have any A/V inputs? I am wondering if my travel DVD player can be plugged in and my little ATARI joystick (for the kids to use while we are getting ready for dinner). I have never brought them b4, but thought it may be fun!

If you get an answer to this question elsewhere, please let us know! I have been asking the same question in regards to the TVs on the Serenade. Plan to bring my laptop with me and it would be nice if I could plug it into the TV to watch a movie or whatnot... I would think, that at the very least, there is a coaxial connection on the back but would prefer using s-video or RCA so I wouldn't need a modulator to go from my PC to the TV.

I Plugged In My Camcorder To Watch On The Tv.

Hope That Helps You !!

What kind of cable did you use to run from your camcorder to the TV? If you are not sure the difference, s-video is a small round connector with 5-7 pins while RCA usually have 3 plugs(or sometimes 2 with mono sound) where the video plug is yellow and the audio plugs are red and white. They are nothing more than an adapter with a lip around the outside and either a male or female connecter in the center. Also, when you plugged your camcorder to the TV, where the ports on the TV on the front or the back of the TV? Lastly, which ship was this on?

Unless they've seriously overhauled the onboard televisions, you won't see s-video inputs. However, on Voyager and Explorer the TVs in my cabin had RCA inputs. The RCAs were actually right in front on the Voyager, but a different TV on Explorer required accessing the back of the television.

They all have coaxial of course, as that is how they hook up the interactive menu system.

I wouldn't worry though...even if in some fluke you end up with a TV that only has coaxial inputs and you don't have coaxial attachments, 99 times out of 100 the ship stocks VCRs and DVD players which will be installed in your cabin on request. Since VCRs (and alot of DVD players) have their own RCA inputs, you can hook your device through the VCR or DVD.

I did this on Princess and just last week on Celebrity when I encountered TVs with no RCA inputs. On the Summit last week, I wanted to hook up my portable CD burner and DVD player to review my digital photos that I burned onto CD to clear my memory cards for re-use...I asked the room steward to bring a VCR which hooked up coaxially, then plugged the burner's RCAs to the VCR. Presto!

You will likely have a TV with RCAs though...I've been on Voyager-class 3 times on 2 of the ships, and both had them.

We've been on both Serenade and Voyager. Voyager has RCA inputs. Serenade does not. Also VCR & DVD's are only available in Grand Suites or higher categories. The Guest Relations desk will NOT provide one for you. We were in a Junior Suite and asked. We were denied.

Hope this information helps.

We've been on both Serenade and Voyager. Voyager has RCA inputs. Serenade does not. Also VCR & DVD's are only available in Grand Suites or higher categories. The Guest Relations desk will NOT provide one for you. We were in a Junior Suite and asked. We were denied.

Hope this information helps.

Thank you very much for the info! I will be on the Serenade and you answered so many of my questions! I will be in a JS as well... a bit disappointing that these TVs have no inputs except for coaxial... I may just have to bring my modulator along if I want to watch movies on the TV as opposed to the laptop.

Archived