FREEDOM - Drydock - Sailing Canceled.

travel_lover

I just spoke with Carnival our sailing is being canceled for November 29th 2009 on Carnival Freedom. That sailing is being pulled, so we have to pick another Cruise....we had planned on doing a B2B, NCL Jewel for 7 days then doing that Freedom Sailing....I think we're just going to stick with a B2B with NCL since will be platinum members by then.

First the guy said it will be in drydock from 11/22 til 12/13 but then he told me no it will only be from 11/29 til 12/05 for Routine Maintenance.

They said if we cancel will get a 100% refund...so I think that is just what will do.

Too bad I was looking forward to sailing on this ship.

I just spoke with Carnival our sailing is being canceled for November 29th 2009 on Carnival Freedom. That sailing is being pulled, so we have to pick another Cruise....we had planned on doing a B2B, NCL Jewel for 7 days then doing that Freedom Sailing....I think we're just going to stick with a B2B with NCL since will be platinum members by then.

First the guy said it will be in drydock from 11/22 til 12/13 but then he told me no it will only be from 11/29 til 12/05 for Routine Maintenance.

They said if we cancel will get a 100% refund...so I think that is just what will do.

Too bad I was looking forward to sailing on this ship.

That was nice of them to give you a 100% credit on a sailing THEY canceled.;)

Bill

That was nice of them to give you a 100% credit on a sailing THEY canceled.;)

Bill

Yeah, that was my biggest worry when I heard the words cancelled....since we had booked it with an outside agency they usually have a non-refundable deposit of $298 per a cabin, but they told me they wouldn't charge us that fee.

Do you know by any chance how that happend? If so why are they waiting til Nov. to fix it..:confused::(

it happened few weeks after the ship first sailed in 2007. it happened in Napoli when they were docking, so it's been there for a long time

That explains why the early December sailing 8 day itinerary is no longer posted on the website-the sailing that we were ready to book after a year of looking at it!! The price had dropped to $500 for an inside...may have to go with the January date now!

That explains why the early December sailing 8 day itinerary is no longer posted on the website-the sailing that we were ready to book after a year of looking at it!! The price had dropped to $500 for an inside...may have to go with the January date now!

Our 11/29 date after we booked it had dropped so we were going to get money back...a few days later when I called Carnival they said that sailing in no longer....I was actually in shock and confused at first...like huh? what do you mean?

You seem to like NCL alot...I am going to check out their website...

We like Freestyle...NCL has great prices which is what keeps us coming back..I love RCCL but they can be pricey! Carnival has some great prices too....but since we're almost the highest level with NCL it will keep us coming back for all the perks we receive.

I like what I see so far...

What are the major differences you see in NCL and Carnival? Good and Bad..

NCL's prices look great...What about as far as...

Rooms,

Food quality,

activities for kids,

customer service??

We've only cruised once with Carnival. Carnival was our first cruise and we have to thank Carnival for giving us the experience that has mad us who we are today Cruise Junkies! lol From the first moment we stepped on the ship we were impressed at how beautiful it was and our experience was wonderful.

Like my daughter Travel Lover said we wanted to try out other cruise companies and weve done NCL Royal and Princess. We love the freestyle concept on NCL and our experiences on NCL have been pretty good. Except for maybe one or two problems here and there. I think it all depends how much you expect from each cruise line. We are not picky people nor do we give alot of work to our room stewards. We pick up after ourselves and the only thing we ask of the room stewards is to clean the bath room, fix the bed, and give us clean towels. That being said as far as food goes we are normal people and like simple things. We can always find something to eat on any ship.

The rooms on NCL are your basic size for an inside cabin and normally thats how we travel. We always get two rooms for the 4 of us so the rooms to us are big enough, of course more closet room would be better but its enough for a 7 day cruise.

Activities for kids, they have all day long activities and each child is placed with the group thats his or her age, and they seem to have a good time.

Customer service... well that topic is definately up for discussion. Its a hit and miss, on some cruises we've never had problems, but on others we have. As long as the problem gets resolved we will always come back to NCL. Some people expect free cruises for small problems, thats not what we look for nor do we expect it. But you will find on cruise critic that there are people you JUST CANT SATISFY. So you need to take all the reviews and make your own decision.

We havent been able to go back on Carnival since our first one and we were really excited to go on the Freedom but now they cancelled our sailing. We are looking into what we can do for the week of the 29th thru Dec 5th. And Carnival Valor is looking good and so are other sailings in the same week.

How many times have you sailed with each line? Carnival? Royal? NCL? Princess?

Hi guys! We were the ones that posted the message of 11/29. They did not offer us any compensation, only to refund us completley. But now were stuck picking another cruise, since our air fare was paid and is non refundable.

Mind you if we pick another cruise it will be out of miami so we will have to pay extra for a transfer to FLL airport since that is were we booked our air fare returning home.

Let me know if they give you guys any other credit besides what you paid for the cruise. For those of you on the 11/29 or the 12/5 cruise.

Really, they should offer us something extra since were stuck trying to pick what to do next. Cant get a refund on the airfare.

The only two ships leaving on 11/29 out of fort lauderdale are Holland and Princess.

In the case of the December 5th sailing the only ships leaving out of fort lauderdale are Holland Eurodam, Costa Atlantica, Royal Oasis of the Seas, Crown Princess.

So unless you go to miami those are the only choices you have.

Carnival should know that people book the airfare way in advance.

Archived