Childrens Passports

tex_toby

Do your kids need to physically be with you when applying for their passports? We've got all paperwork filled out and will take them to get passport pics, but the hours available to file the paperwork is not kid/school friendly. We can do it, it would just be a pain.

Toby

Do your kids need to physically be with you when applying for their passports? We've got all paperwork filled out and will take them to get passport pics, but the hours available to file the paperwork is not kid/school friendly. We can do it, it would just be a pain.

Toby

Yes they have to be physically with both parents - even for renewals for children. If one parent can't make it, then they have to get some notarized letter to give to the parent present.

My DH and I took the kids to a Post Office on a Saturday. Be prepared to wait and be patient.

Good luck!!

Yes as others have said, the child needs to be there. If one parent cant be (if theres 2 parents involved), then they need to get a notified letter.

For us it was more of a pain to the notified letter.

We went in for our daughters the week after Christmas when the post office was open and my husband and kids were all at home.

Archived