1A Questions - Carnival Conquest

eXCell2nd

Hi! So this is my first post after spending months on cruisecritic reading hundreds of posts and gaining tons of information, so thanks! Here's my question about 1A rooms on the Carnival Conquest:

I'm trying to book a cruise for Jan 3, 2010 in a 1A category room. I'm comparing room 2217 on the main deck which has a twin bed and single convertible sofa with two portholes vs. rooms 6227 or 6224 on the upper deck which is a standard interior stateroom with two upper beds. Obviously room 2217 is not your "standard" interior room since it has two portholes facing outside.

So my question is, which one is better? Would you rather have a twin bed and single convertible sofa with 2 portholes or two upper beds with no portholes? The answer seems obvious but I'm not sure how comfortable the single convertible sofa is compared to the twin bed? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

6227/6224 does not have two upper beds. it will have a lower and an upper.

with the choice of the three you stated--one of the above is the better choice= theother one being on the side of the ship where the anchor drops and you will hear that thing every day the ship comes to a port-- and its very loud.

but on the other hand-- if you are an early to bed type of person-- the above cabins are above the show lounge--where a show will be going on at least 2 times during a 7 day cruises for a 10;pm show

2217 and 2216 are larger 1As than some of the others, being next to a 5A. You will have a convertible sofa in either of them. 2217, on starboard side, you will not hear the anchor which is on port side. We had a 5A on starboard side and I can say we never heard the anchor.

The beds cannot be pushed together because the sofa is a bit lower than the twin. I have lots of pictures of similar cabins. See post #10 for a pic of 2216 on another ship with the convertible sofa made up into a bed. You can see this cabin is almost 220 s.f. (5 ft shorter due to the hull Im told).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=739857

Conquest will look just like this. the pillows and coverlet on the sofa come off to make up into a bed.

Thanks so much for your help! So you're saying that even though room 6393 is designated as 1A which means 1 upper and 1 lower it really has two twin beds on the ground? Because if that was the case, then it would just be a 4A priced as a 1A, which is awesome. Let me know if I have that right...thanks!

Thanks so much for your help! So you're saying that even though room 6393 is designated as 1A which means 1 upper and 1 lower it really has two twin beds on the ground? Because if that was the case, then it would just be a 4A priced as a 1A, which is awesome. Let me know if I have that right...thanks!

Yes, that was a picture of how it is configured currently, several have confirmed this.

Conquest is just out of dry dock last Sunday as you probably know and Im sure some changes were made. They had two other 1As which they put two twins in and then reclassified them as 6Bs, but so far 6393 on the Conquest is still a 1A. I would trust anything bigduck posts anyway. He is pretty reliable.

We did 1As last Fall and had the ones that were re-classified, thats why I suggested 2216 or 2217 as the best ones. Id prefer 2217 to avoide anchor noise but take either one. Our friend has 2216, so next time Im on Conquest Ill take pictures of it to reconfirm how it looks.

Serene, I book 1As a lot on Conquest class, my info I believe is up to date. On Fantasy class we had to move to a 5A to get the portholes. We just did a 4E on Ecstasy, the HC cabin I posted. I have 5 cruises this year, so Im on and off a lot of ships.

. I have 5 cruises this year, so Im on and off a lot of ships.

I may be jealous - we are heading out on our last cruise for awhile- We leave on Sunday.

Discovered land vacations this past Sept when we went to Aruba for a week. First time ever we became beach people- sat on beached from 10am every day til 2-3pm.

We cant do beaches very much as we are both Irish fair skin. 15 minutes and my sister especially is burned. We did manage to add freckles this last cruise.

The only unusual cruise this year will be QM2, but next year and the following year we have some new cruiselines and ships scheduled. I fill in the gaps with cruises out of Galveston, thats why I know those ships the best. Only Carnival is year round now out of Galveston and we like the 1As on Conquest.

Archived