Ride to Jalousie beach

alba216

Anyone know how long it takes to get there from the pier?

Just got back. It took us almost 1 1/2 hours to get from Jalousie Beach back to the pier. That was with no stops, so I guess the time going would be in that range. The roads are very windy and lot's of traffic when you get close to town, so give yourself plenty of time to get back. The beach by the way was great. Good snorkeling.

bubbachief...did you just go to Jalousie or did it include a tour? We did the tour last year and would like to just go to Jalousie.

Hi-- It was part of a Spencer Ambrose tour. Not a lot of time at the beach, but it worked for us as we are not real beach people.

Hi bubbachief! How did you like Spencer Ambrose? I just came across his name exploring the threads and liked his "resume" on his website. Two other CC members recommended him highly. Also, we are beach people-- how much time were you able to stay at Jalousie Beach? I understand it's just a stop along a long tour ride, but do you at least have an hour?

Last question :D, if it was a west tour you took-banana plantation, volcanoe, jalousie beach, etc. (and if you don't mind sharing) how much per adult? We are a family of 4, all paying adult fares.

Thanks in advance!

Hi bubbachief! How did you like Spencer Ambrose? I just came across his name exploring the threads and liked his "resume" on his website. Two other CC members recommended him highly. Also, we are beach people-- how much time were you able to stay at Jalousie Beach? I understand it's just a stop along a long tour ride, but do you at least have an hour?

Last question :D, if it was a west tour you took-banana plantation, volcanoe, jalousie beach, etc. (and if you don't mind sharing) how much per adult? We are a family of 4, all paying adult fares.

Thanks in advance!

Hi-- Yes, we really liked Spencer. As far as I was concerned we could have skipped the volcanoe. It's really nothing more than a steaming pile of rocks. We were only there for about 30 minutes at most, but I would have rathered gone straight to Jalousie Beach. We did have a good hour, but would have liked more time there. The snorkeling was good if your into that. We took our own snorkel and mask, left the fins home. We also visited a waterfall where Spence bought jerked chicken for everyone.

Had an opportunity to sample lots of different food, bananas, johnny cake,casava(sp) cookies. Cost was $55 pp and we tipped him another $20.

we also did a tour with spener ambrose

he is the best!!

i would book him asap so someone else doesn't book him first lol

we found the volanco very interesting we were there about 20 minutes

would have liked to stay longer and take a dip in the sulfur pools but the others in our group wanted to go to the beach longer

Thanks for the info bubbachief. How long in advance did you book with Spencer Ambrose? Our cruise is in July; just wondering how quickly I should book these private tours at the ports...

Hi-- If you have decided to use Spencer, I'd contact him now. He doesn't require a deposit. One thing to consider, we were on the NCL Jewel and had to tender. If that is your case, let Spencer know because it may take you longer to meet up with him.

Thanks for the info bubbachief. How long in advance did you book with Spencer Ambrose? Our cruise is in July; just wondering how quickly I should book these private tours at the ports...

Check out serenity tours as well. Lots of options. We are going on a tour with them in March due to the great reviews. We toured last year with Fabian but there was another couple in the van who had already booked with him and they did not want to see the whole island. Serenity is $65 and includes a creole luncheon buffet at the Fondeux estate overlooking the pitons and a beach/snorkel stop at Anse Cochon (supposedly the best snorkeling spot on the island? www dot serenitytvl dot com.

Spencer rocks!

We did a private tour for two, and he charged us a total of $200US. We had about 1 1/2 to 2 hours at Jalouise. It is never too early to book and ensure that your spot is saved.

I highly recommend doing a private tour, then you have the flexibility to customize the tour to your liking.

i would book him asap

as was said he doesn't require a deposit

he is terrific i only drink diet coke and eat pretezels

when he found that out he stopped at a few stores to get some for me

you know they don't have pretezels in st lucia lol

Archived