Carlisle vs Turner's

phinfan63

Carlisle beach is my favorite beach in Antigua. I know that there is a resort there but I am not sure if they welcome visitors. There were not any vendors or anyone renting lounge chairs when we were at Carlisle bay beach but the view, water, palms and sand sure made for a couple of fantastic hours. We were on an island vacation so we drove but I don't think that it would take more than 20 minutes or so from where the ship is docked. It is just at the beginning of Figtree drive which is known as the "rain forest" area of Antigua. We purchased the best local black pineapple right near the entry to the beach. If you visit it and just want to go to the beach and not the resort you take a very small laneway just before the resort turn off and the beach is a 5 second drive.

Karysa

• 1 year later...
Carlisle beach is my favorite beach in Antigua. I know that there is a resort there but I am not sure if they welcome visitors. There were not any vendors or anyone renting lounge chairs when we were at Carlisle bay beach but the view, water, palms and sand sure made for a couple of fantastic hours. We were on an island vacation so we drove but I don't think that it would take more than 20 minutes or so from where the ship is docked. It is just at the beginning of Figtree drive which is known as the "rain forest" area of Antigua. We purchased the best local black pineapple right near the entry to the beach. If you visit it and just want to go to the beach and not the resort you take a very small laneway just before the resort turn off and the beach is a 5 second drive.

Karysa

In another thread you suggested OJ's for lunch, but it seems like it is about 3 miles away? Lunch as Carlisle Bay resort is $55/pp. Any other suggestions for lunch?

TIA,

Mark

Archived