Majesty 2/7/09 - Meet & Greet

abs711

Hi Everyone please check back on our roll call post, I have posted the date and time of our Meet and Greet. Please try to let me know who will be attending. Hope to see you all on Sunday (unless we bump into each other on Saturday). Happy travels!

You got it! I have heard many different reviews on the ship as well so we are quite nervous. Were both in our 30's and this is DH's second cruise and my Fourth. I think he will love it but not so sure about me. Last cruise was on RCI's Freedom of the Seas there was so much to do on that ship that we barely did 1/2 of the activities. I think he will love the Free Style as that will solve his issues from the last trip and I think I will love the not being to much to do. I think I will just miss all of the glitz of the newer ships. We shall see I will post in two weeks.

To the person worried about an older ship-- back from the Majesty's cruise to the Bahamas. The ship does not have some of the amenities of new/bigger ships. No climbing walls, trampolines, etc. and two VERY small pools I think there were 1492 passengers. There are two main dining rooms, a pasta restaurant, a surcharge restaurant, and buffets on deck 10. The staterooms are VERY small and so are the bathrooms compared to other ships we've been on--but so was the price we paid. We didn't have a hair dryer. We heard that as they broke, they weren't replaced, but were available if asked for. The shower has a small ridge to keep the water from the rest of the bathroom and did a fairly decent job, but the slow drainage made me nervous a few times. Definitely bring a power strip. There was one outlet on the desk/dresser. We found out later that there is another for shavers only in the ceiling in the bathroom. The larger cabins (a second small dresser wide and 1/3 more closet space have a refrigerator. Ice is provided for all rooms twice a day so the lack of one was not a problem. All had free safes. The theater where shows are held is one level and somewhat small, but looks nice, as do all the other public areas. We saw people painting outside of cabins on several different decks and outside decks and furniture being cleaned everyday. The shows were good and the cabin and wait staff outstanding.

Archived