Kids Clubs..thinking of switching from RCL to Carnival

hayesktrm

We have a RCL cruise booked (5-day Enchantment) and are thinking of switching it to a 7-day (Glory). It is almost the same amount of money and I think the Glory is much newer and bigger. We have gone on the Enchantment and loved it. My kids loved the Enchantment. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Ectasy and the kids hated it. I told the kids that the reason they didn't like it was because it was a 3-day cruise on an older ship...that they would like this newer ship with a 7-day itinerary.

So, has anyone experienced the new Circle C kids' club or the O2 things for the teens. How do the kids' clubs compare to RCL? What should I do? I want us all to have a great time.

We have a RCL cruise booked (5-day Enchantment) and are thinking of switching it to a 7-day (Glory). It is almost the same amount of money and I think the Glory is much newer and bigger. We have gone on the Enchantment and loved it. My kids loved the Enchantment. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Ectasy and the kids hated it. I told the kids that the reason they didn't like it was because it was a 3-day cruise on an older ship...that they would like this newer ship with a 7-day itinerary.

So, has anyone experienced the new Circle C kids' club or the O2 things for the teens. How do the kids' clubs compare to RCL? What should I do? I want us all to have a great time.

Circle C is more like the traditional kid's club, with some organized activities, but less structure than camp carnival.

Depending on your kids' ages and what they enjoy, they may or may not enjoy it. Since it is not terribly structured, it can be tough on kids that are shy.

Club O2 is even less structured, and provides mostly places and times that teens can meet. This is a tough age group to satisfy, so I would plan on having alternative activities for your teen if O2 doesn't work out.

Edit: I can only vouch for camp carnival vs. RCCL's club, and my kids enjoyed both - no preference.

So great to hear that your teens had a great time. I don't think it's fair to compare the Ectasy to the Glory. Their kids' club was in a small room in the back of the ship.

DS wants to know if there is unlimited soft serve ice cream. If there is, he's sold :).

So great to hear that your teens had a great time. I don't think it's fair to compare the Ectasy to the Glory. Their kids' club was in a small room in the back of the ship.

DS wants to know if there is unlimited soft serve ice cream. If there is, he's sold :).

Unlimited 24/7 ice cream, pizza and room service!

Great to hear about the ice cream and pizza. I think we'll go for it. DH really would like the extra 2 days and we haven't been to the Eastern Caribbean and we have been to the Western Caribbean so it will be nice to experience a new ship and new ports.

Also, the activities look about the same between the 2 ships.

Great to hear about the ice cream and pizza. I think we'll go for it. DH really would like the extra 2 days and we haven't been to the Eastern Caribbean and we have been to the Western Caribbean so it will be nice to experience a new ship and new ports.

Also, the activities look about the same between the 2 ships.

As many have said on this board before me, go with a good attitude, and you will have a GREAT time!

Don't remember if you said when you were thinking of going, but if you want other kids, summer and spring break will be your best times....

We are going mid-July. The kids have gone on Disney, NCL, Carnival and RCL. They have had a blast on every one (except for the first one which was the 3-day cruise on the Ectasy which was basically like a booze cruise). DH and I have always enjoyed our cruises. In fact, Carnival was one of our favorites because the food was great and we loved the dueling pianos. It is also special because it was our first cruise and got us hooked.

Archived