Beach?

progcas

It depends on who is in your family and what type of activities you are looking for in a beach. The above link will describe them pretty well. We went to Paradise Beach with the kids and they enjoyed it, the food was good, but it was really crowded. We are going to Playa Palancar on this next cruise, we wont have the kids and it looks like its a little more laid back and we can have lunch there as well.

It depends on who is in your family and what type of activities you are looking for in a beach. The above link will describe them pretty well. We went to Paradise Beach with the kids and they enjoyed it, the food was good, but it was really crowded. We are going to Playa Palancar on this next cruise, we wont have the kids and it looks like its a little more laid back and we can have lunch there as well.

We will be traveling with a 12 year old so, Paradise Beach sounds good. How long of a taxi ride is it to Paradise Beach?

Thanks

We went to Paradise Beach 2 years ago and are going back in 2 weeks. It's very nice and the food was really good, the kids had a blast on the water trampoline, the slide, etc..... The only thing to warn you about was the cab ride, they drive a little crazy. Luckily we made it in one piece. Have fun!

we went there last March, and to be honest, we were disappointed. not that we were expecting much for free (it really doesn't cost anything except drinks, food, cab). But the place was really crowded, and the beach there was the worst of all the places we went to. The water activities were fun though! I don't think we'll go back.

we went there last March, and to be honest, we were disappointed. not that we were expecting much for free (it really doesn't cost anything except drinks, food, cab). But the place was really crowded, and the beach there was the worst of all the places we went to. The water activities were fun though! I don't think we'll go back.

This is exactly how I felt too. Too many people! We're going to Nachi this time.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently posted a beach question on another thread but thought I might also try here.

We went to Paradise beach and I thought it was hard to get into the water because of lots of Coral/rocks.

Does anyone know of a beach that is mostly sand going into the water. We dont drink so would prefer to not pay for an AI.

We went to Paradise beach and I thought it was hard to get into the water because of lots of Coral/rocks.

Does anyone know of a beach that is mostly sand going into the water. We dont drink so would prefer to not pay for an AI.

Just about all the beaches on the West side of the island are like that. There isn't enough wave action to break up the shells/coral to make the sand really nice and soft.

If you want a fine sand beach, head over to the East side and visit one of the beaches there such as Chen Rio. To do this you'll need to either rent a car or hire a taxi by the hour. Taxis don't hang out over there waiting for fares.

Is this a beach that we could just grab a taxi and go to without reservations?

Thanks,

Amie

Yes it is. Taxis will be waiting for you when your are ready to leave as well.

Be sure to agree on the fare before you get in the vehicle.

Try to have exact change, so take plenty of small bills.

We have tried several of the beaches on the west side and all have been good. The two that stand out for us is Paradise and Playa Palancar. PB can get crowded while PP is farther from the ships and gets fewer people. If snorkeling from shore is on the agenda I would pick Chankanaab Park or the Money Bar (Dzul Ha).

The next time that I want a quite beach, I'll make reservations for Nachi Cocum.

P.S. In 8 trips to Coz we have only done one beach twice. Chankanaab.

We liked the Playa Uvas beach club...you do have to pay but it is a minimal fee if you just want to use the beach. The chairs are comfy and there are umbrellas. If you want to do more, they have snorkeling and clear bottom kayaks too. You can google them to get their website and prices. We took a taxi there...about 10 minutes away.

Archived