Thinking of switching from RCL to Carnival...kids' club ?'s.

hayesktrm

I posted this over on the Carnival board. I was hoping some of you had some thoughts on this, too. I was on here this morning and read that RCL won't discount their rates and they would rather the ship sail only half full. That made me look at prices elsewhere. I love RCL, but if they keep cutting back and still don't offer more discounts when everyone else is, I will have a hard time staying. I'm a stockholder and just hope others don't have the same idea as I do.

We have a RCL cruise booked (5-day Enchantment) and are thinking of switching it to a 7-day (Glory). It is almost the same amount of money and I think the Glory is much newer and bigger. We have gone on the Enchantment and loved it. My kids loved the Enchantment. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Ectasy and the kids hated it. I told the kids that the reason they didn't like it was because it was a 3-day cruise on an older ship...that they would like this newer ship with a 7-day itinerary.

So, has anyone experienced the new Circle C kids' club or the O2 things for the teens. How do the kids' clubs compare to RCL? What should I do? I want us all to have a great time.

So, has anyone experienced the new Circle C kids' club or the O2 things for the teens. How do the kids' clubs compare to RCL? What should I do? I want us all to have a great time.

I took an 11 month old on the Glory 7 night Eastern cruise last April and we didn't use the kids clubs.

I know your questions is geared for the kids clubs - you may want to post this on the family board as well. They normally offer great advice.

Just a quick note - On the Glory, We stayed in a suite, and the room was incredible. However, my DH and I were not fans of the ship. I know there are plenty of people who love the Glory, but I found the Miracle to be much nicer. I've only been on one RCI cruise (Voyager) and enjoyed it better than most of my Carnival cruises. I leave for the Monarch on Friday to try RCI again.

Whichever you decide have a great cruise.

Nothing wrong with trying out other cruiselines if you feel they will meet your needs.

What you may want to do is take a look at the Capers for the kids program. I believe crusinmama06 has links to the ones for the Glory here

Can't speak to the teen program but my kids loved the program on the Carnival Liberty - on two sailings. It was big, new and had a lot going on. I think the longer the cruise, the more chance they have to make friends and become comfortable with the program, too. A 7 night cruise will be better.

I posted this over on the Carnival board. I was hoping some of you had some thoughts on this, too. I was on here this morning and read that RCL won't discount their rates and they would rather the ship sail only half full. That made me look at prices elsewhere. I love RCL, but if they keep cutting back and still don't offer more discounts when everyone else is, I will have a hard time staying. I'm a stockholder and just hope others don't have the same idea as I do.

We have a RCL cruise booked (5-day Enchantment) and are thinking of switching it to a 7-day (Glory). It is almost the same amount of money and I think the Glory is much newer and bigger. We have gone on the Enchantment and loved it. My kids loved the Enchantment. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Ectasy and the kids hated it. I told the kids that the reason they didn't like it was because it was a 3-day cruise on an older ship...that they would like this newer ship with a 7-day itinerary.

We were on the Grandeur (vision class like enchantment) and cruised Glory. My then 15 year old DD preferred the Glory teen club to the Grandeur. While she still had a good time she thought that the Glory was larger, had more teens and more fun activities. She could care less about all the other bells and whistles on the Navigator (voyager class) as she only cares about the teen clubs. But, if your kids like all the other activities such as rock climbing, then you might want to stick with Enchantment. Glory is a fine ship and we're doing it again this spring break with now 16yO DD and other families as we had a great time last year. The extra two sea days are convincing, especially when you compare vision class to the carnival conquest and I wouldnt think the Ectasy compares well to the Glory. But, as mentioned, only you know your specific family dynamics. But all the kids we've brought in our group cruises have had a blast in the kids clubs. I'm not loyal to either line although if the price was the same or close I chose RCI. If it's not, like your example, Glory would win.

We really liked our cruise on the Glory. Our youngest was 16 when we sailed on that ship. They do some fun things with teens.

However, all kid programs are best when your kids are little.

Teens go off on the first night to the program, meet friends and then go and hang out with them.

Overall, after crusing with children from 1993-2007, we and our children thought carnival's kids programs were better than any other lines.

Even tho, my kids loved the explorer, they still preferred carnival's kids clubs better.

The glory is a much nicer ship than the enchantment.

I think we're sold on Carnival. The activities look about the same and going to the Eastern Caribbean (never been) and on a bigger and newer ship sounds like fun. DS says he's sold if there is ice cream available all the time (someone over at Carnival cruise critic says there is).

I think we'll hold on to the RCL cruise for a while because prices have gone up since booked and if I change my mind I'll have options.

Also, we were planning on going to WDW for a few days beforehand and this makes it so much more convenient since we would be sailing out of Port Canaveral instead of Fort Lauderdale.

I think we're sold on Carnival. The activities look about the same and going to the Eastern Caribbean (never been) and on a bigger and newer ship sounds like fun. DS says he's sold if there is ice cream available all the time (someone over at Carnival cruise critic says there is).

I think we'll hold on to the RCL cruise for a while because prices have gone up since booked and if I change my mind I'll have options.

Also, we were planning on going to WDW for a few days beforehand and this makes it so much more convenient since we would be sailing out of Port Canaveral instead of Fort Lauderdale.

Ice cream all the time. My kids used to love that :)

Archived