Which beach in Cozumel??

bdruzin

We are 4 girls in our mid 20's looking to just have a relaxing day at a beautiful beach where the sand is soft . We would like a beach where we can rent chairs and umbrellas and buy some reasonably priced food. What do you suggest?

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend Paradise Beach too! Plus Carlos and Charlies is right there on the beach....it is a really fun bar to hang out at....be sure to tell them it is one of your birthdays! :p The nachos at Paradise Beach are really good too and so are the strawberry margaritas!! :D

If you have the time and do not mind spending a little extra ($49pp), I highly recommend Nachi Cocum. Went there last year (4adults) and had a wonderful time. You get lounge chairs and umbrella and all the drinks and a 3 course meal. The beach is very nice. You will have the same waiter all day and they keep the drinks coming! We all got massages on the beach. Very reasonable priced! There is a pool and swim up bar.

It is an amazingly relaxing day, away from the crowds. We are heading back with kids in April. Good Luck!

Jodi

I definitely recommend Nachi Cocum, as well. It's great!! It was the most memorable part of the cruise for both my husband and I, on our last cruise. For just $49 pp, you get all the drinks you want (alcoholic included) and a 3 course meal. It has a swim-up bar, places to change, hammocks, beautiful views, etc. Also, they have a limit of 100 guests, so the beach does not get crowded. If you decide to go, you should quickly reserve as it is already full for some spring break weeks. (We have reservations for our April cruise...can't wait!) Go to the Island Marketing Ltd. website to read more about it and make reservations. Have fun!!

PS-- You do have to take a taxi there. It's about a 20 minute ride. (Can't remember the cost of the ride.)

I drink very little (had 2 drinks while there) and still absolutely loved it. It's beautiful, not crowded, and food is included. They will bring you cokes or water or whatever as well. They bring the drinks to you while you are on the beach.

We are 4 girls in our mid 20's looking to just have a relaxing day at a beautiful beach where the sand is soft . We would like a beach where we can rent chairs and umbrellas and buy some reasonably priced food. What do you suggest?

I just went to Paradise Beach on Friday, it was great! The food was very good, and it was a little crowded but not too bad considering that there were 5 ships in port on that day. The only downfall was the sand, it's not soft. It's like coral sand, a little jagged. My feet were killing me after only being there for a few hours.

You can go parasailing, rent a jet ski, ride the banana boat. It was truly a fun day. And by the way, the cab should only cost around $4.00 per person. Make sure you don't get scammed, like someone tried to do to us.

I just went to Paradise Beach on Friday, it was great! The food was very good, and it was a little crowded but not too bad considering that there were 5 ships in port on that day. The only downfall was the sand, it's not soft. It's like coral sand, a little jagged. My feet were killing me after only being there for a few hours.

You can go parasailing, rent a jet ski, ride the banana boat. It was truly a fun day. And by the way, the cab should only cost around $4.00 per person. Make sure you don't get scammed, like someone tried to do to us.

The sand is like that on all the beaches on that strip. Its pretty to look at but yes it is coarse.

The sand is like that on all the beaches on that strip. Its pretty to look at but yes it is coarse.

Yup. The sand on all the West side beaches is quite similar. If you want soft sand in Cozumel, you really need to head over to the East side of the island.

eastside3.jpg

so PB does have Parasailing and jet ski?!??! Does it have a Banana boat?? I looked on their website and dont see anything about parasailing, etc..

Do you recall the price for that stuff??? thanks!!

Yes, they have all three. My son and his friend parasailed together for $100.00. They were trying to charge us $110.00 (it's $55.00 per person) But we talked them into knocking off $10.00. To ride the banana boat was $15.00 per person, it looked fun! And the jet ski's, I can't remember exactly how much those were. I think $55.00 for 30 minutes. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have been to Nachi Cocom and Playa Uvas if you want more info and pictures on either of those beaches, you can check out my Dh and I's reviews.

Nachi Cocom: I hear it is more crowded these days than when we were there, but they still limit the number of guests.

http://www.trekeo.com/nachi-cocom-review-cozumel/

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/21/188/NachiCocomBeachClub/280099

Playa Uvas:

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/21/188/PlayaUvas/280288

Enjoy!

I just wanted to let you know that there will not be any "soft" sand at any of the beach resorts on the West side.

This faces the mainland....so it goes not get the proper wave action to grind the "rock" to a soft sand.

My 17 year old son has Autism and is a "sand expert". He has

judged the sands from Puerta Vallarta (not good) to Nassau and most of the ports inbetween.

If you are looking for a fun place, I would go to Paradise Beach only because you can walk down to CarlosnCharlies and check out the "eye candy". PB does not charge you an entrance fee....the lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas and CLEAN restrooms are also free. All they ask is that you eat/drink while you are there. It is a safe place to relax. So you simply pay for what you consume. And as stated earlier, if you charge your ticket to a credit card...the 20% gratuity is added automatically ... so don't tip them twice.

A taxi will cost you $12-15 for 4 people one way for a trip to any of the beach resorts.

Archived