Deposit question

DonnaK

starting with summer 2009 the standard deposit amount is 20% of the net discounted cruise fare, based only on passengers 1 and 2, so if the net per person for 1 and 2 is 1500.00 ppx2=3000 then the deposit would be 20% =600.00........this is a simple example....there are various promotions both through travel agencys where the deposit is 100 pp or through princess, but there are also other promotions which offer a "waiver of on person deposit" which means that in the above exmple the deposit would not be 600.00 but 300.00...but standard will be 20% of net dicounted cruise far for passengers 1 and 2. (3rd and forth never count in any of the cases,so if you have four in the room , it is still only based on the net for 1 and 2.

Thank you. I'm looking at a cost per person is $999 (before tax, etc). Incidentally, the 3/4 person rate is also $999, so we are booking a second cabin for the kids, which would mean that we'd have to put down double the deposit than if we booked a quad.

I have a 10-nite cruise coming up in April. My deposit was $450, or about 20% of the total cost. I believe the deposit is tied to the length of the cruise as well as the type of cabin; I always get an inside cabin.

Thank you. I'm looking at a cost per person is $999 (before tax, etc). Incidentally, the 3/4 person rate is also $999, so we are booking a second cabin for the kids, which would mean that we'd have to put down double the deposit than if we booked a quad.

But then look at how much less you'll have to pay at final payment. ;)

But then look at how much less you'll have to pay at final payment. ;)

LOL - I look at it that way, however my husband doesn't. He is definitely not agreeable to letting the cruiseline tie up a large chunk of our money so far in advance, so the lower the deposit, the more likely he is to make a reservation early. (He doesn't understand about locking in the bargain price now or end up paying more overall in the end, as cruise fares for the time of year we often sail usually go up)

LOL - I look at it that way, however my husband doesn't. He is definitely not agreeable to letting the cruiseline tie up a large chunk of our money so far in advance, so the lower the deposit, the more likely he is to make a reservation early. (He doesn't understand about locking in the bargain price now or end up paying more overall in the end, as cruise fares for the time of year we often sail usually go up)

For guaranteed low depost, make sure while on board you buy some FCC's.

We paid a deposit of $200 for 7 night cruise pus 5 night cruisetour. Interestingly, our grown kids and their spouses plus one grandchild who are also on the cruise only segment (no cruisetour) each paid $270 deposit. Go figure!

Archived