Good Tampa Hotel

j.j.

I stayed at the Sheraton Riverwalk.....really close to the pier.

They have a shuttle that's free within a certain mile radius, I don't recall the distance, but it will be on their website. I know the pier is within the free shuttle zone. We also took the free shuttle to the nearby Publix.

I know they have parking under the hotel, but I don't know if it's free.

The rates were posted in the bathroom. The room we had went for over $400 a night, but I snagged it for about $100 on Hotwire.

We stayed at the Rocky Point Holiday Inn Express... was nice, clean, quiet... we didn't park since we flew in, but I'm quite sure it was free. Shuttle was $10 pp to pier for us since we didn't book the cruise package... but it's likely worth looking into the package. I'd stay there again.

Taking the Legend in October and need a good Hotel in Tampa close to the pier, with shuttle to the pier and with free parking during the cruise. Anyone help me out?

• 1 month later...

I would have to second the Holiday Inn Express Rock Point. Maybe not the most luxurious place but they will shuttle within 5 mi. free and I think there is a cruise deal for parking your car although you should talk to them as we flew in. But if you are not looking to spend a lot I would recommend it and the Bahama Breeze next door it a great place to eat if you go, good luck.:)

you will be hard pressed to find free parking in Tampa; however some of the hotels have parking deals; but the cruise port is not expensive for Tampa; it was $12 per day last I checked.

Great hotels are the Hyatt downtown, Marriott waterside; and the Embassy

Archived