Passport Question

Rudi610

I have not seen this passport question asked. My passport expires in May 2009. Our cruise is in April, one month before my passport expires. Am I still good with this? I know with some foreign countries, they want 6 months on your passport before they will allow you to enter. I have not seen this requirement on the Disney Cruise web site and don't think it's a problem, but just wanted to ask from those who may have expirienced it.

Thanks.

I agree. Unless you are traveling to a country that specifically requires a US passport for arriving US citizen cruise ship passengers (can't think of any in the Caribbean that do) the only people who will want to see your passport is US Customs and Border Protection upon your return to the USA. All they care is that it is valid on the day of your return.

Smooth sailing!

Rick

We're booked on a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas & Castaway Cay in late May. Two of the people going do NOT have passports. Are they required for this cruise? Could they get away with having birth certificates? Also, at this point, we're not even planning to get off the ship in Nassau. Would this also mean that a birth certificate would work and they wouldn't need passports?

Passports are not required now or after June 1 on any of the itineraries Disney uses, and whether one gets off the ship or not is irrelevant. You do need a certified birth certificate and government issued ID for anyone 16 or over (Disney says 18, but US Gov't says 16).

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/help/overview?name=PreparingForYourCruiseFAQLandingPage#5

is a passport required for the 7 night Western run?
No it is not.

If you use the link provided above by DrD, please be sure to click through on that page to the link labeled "Department of Homeland Security's Website" and read the special section for Cruise passengers. Or go there directly with this link:

http://www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/crossingborders/index.shtm#3

Archived