Tour Guides near ship

smertel

toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

He is an american living in Samana, owns a restaurant and does private tours (for up to 6 people I think).

He can take you straight to the beach or include a tour which takes you to some waterfalls, top of the mountain with a view of the bay, etc. Can make a stop for shopping etc.

He seems like a really cool guy and lots of fun. Oh, and he includes beer, sodas & rum while on his tour!!! :D

He replies fast and has great prices.

Did you go with him? I have been emailing him, and saw him on Trip Advisor. I'd like to hear from someone who has toured with him.

Thanks

toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

He is an american living in Samana, owns a restaurant and does private tours (for up to 6 people I think).

He can take you straight to the beach or include a tour which takes you to some waterfalls, top of the mountain with a view of the bay, etc. Can make a stop for shopping etc.

He seems like a really cool guy and lots of fun. Oh, and he includes beer, sodas & rum while on his tour!!! :D

He replies fast and has great prices.

We have been there twice now and people are always nice. I don't know where the muggings stories came from, I can't even imagine that there.

As far as Terry the tour guide, we are going with him on 3/30.

We have had a lot of back and forth correspondence and he seems great and is trying to make sure we have and do everything we like.

His restaurant is also mentioned on Samana.net, so I have not concerns about him.

I will post a review when we return.

We are going to a waterfall, a typical Dominican home with different fruit trees in the mountains with a beautiful view of Samana bay, go to his restaurant and eat a typical Dominican meal and go to the beach for a a few hours (Playa Anandel). He will also drive us back from the beach to the ship. But he takes you wherever you want to go.

• 4 weeks later...
We have been there twice now and people are always nice. I don't know where the muggings stories came from, I can't even imagine that there.

As far as Terry the tour guide, we are going with him on 3/30.

We have had a lot of back and forth correspondence and he seems great and is trying to make sure we have and do everything we like.

His restaurant is also mentioned on Samana.net, so I have not concerns about him.

been trying to email Terry, no response, we are there on Monday 3/16!!! and would like to get with him to do a short tour - do you have a different email addy or a phone number? thanks!

been trying to email Terry, no response, we are there on Monday 3/16!!! and would like to get with him to do a short tour - do you have a different email addy or a phone number? thanks!

I don't have another one. He normally replies by the next day. When did you try?

I don't have another one. He normally replies by the next day. When did you try?

sent email yesterday... I re-sent it today....sigh.... of all the islands, from what I read, I feel wary of just picking a cab at the pier for a tour....most any other island, I'm game and brave......here's hoping it will all work out!:cool:

sent email yesterday... I re-sent it today....sigh.... of all the islands, from what I read, I feel wary of just picking a cab at the pier for a tour....most any other island, I'm game and brave......here's hoping it will all work out!:cool:

I also saw his name on these boards and on tripadvisor. I emailed him last week and he emailed me back within two days. I don't know what we are doing yet (while in the DR). We are tendering at Cayo Levantando, and Terry said he only picks up from the mainland - so as I said, we're unsure as to what we're doing.

I also saw his name on these boards and on tripadvisor. I emailed him last week and he emailed me back within two days. I don't know what we are doing yet (while in the DR). We are tendering at Cayo Levantando, and Terry said he only picks up from the mainland - so as I said, we're unsure as to what we're doing.

You ship doesn't have a free tender to the mainland? They are right there together. I can't imagine they don't let you go to the mainland....

What cruiseline is that?

OK! I heard back from him, we are working our plans! yeah and whew! LOL

You ship doesn't have a free tender to the mainland? They are right there together. I can't imagine they don't let you go to the mainland....

What cruiseline is that?

They do (MSC), I'm just not sure on the times etc yet. I also know that many cruisers that go to Samana, pay to go to Cayo Levandado, so I'm not sure if we'll just stay on the island.

Terry seemed very responsive when I emailed him.

Archived