price increase Constellation Apr.6?

mamie

Same with Constellation for 3/16. The price dropped back in Nov. & Dec. and now it's back up about $500. Don't know why but I did check the Celebrity site and most of the cabins, outside, veranda and suites are gone on line. Maybe us northeasterners need to get away from the snow and ice???:D

What's the deal? We booked the Apr. 6th sailing on the Constellation last week for an inside room. The price has almost doubled in one week since we booked>

I have been watching this cruise since November. We didn't book and kept waiting untl after final payment. Within 2 days after final payment the price went from $779 for a Cat 9 to a $1249, then every day after that it kept going up!! How does that happen? My husband thinks something very fishy is going on and so do I. Usually prices drop after final payment not double. We were going to book it but obviously we will not book it now at the prices listed.

Have a great time. Tell Ricardo and Dravco in the Martini Bar I said hi.

Anne Maria

Anna Maria - lots of people now wait to book and that means many jump on at the last minute. Our Azamara cruise in 3 weeks had over 20 cabins available after final payment as of 2 days ago we are now officially SOLD OUT!!! I think we are going to see this happen far more often now.

Hi Moeve, I just can't believe the insides jumped so much. You can now book Concierge Class on the April 6th cruise for only $310 more per person than an Inside Category 9. Doesn't make sense, does it?

If those are now the last ones - then it does make sense. We have been seeing this happen far more often now that better/ higher cabins are sometimes less expensive than lower cats just simply due to the demand. It does pay to look at all catergories. On the already mentioned AZ cruise insides and outsides had times when they were more expensive than balcony cabins simply due to demand in that time frame.

Our short Med cruise in May for weeks outsides were cheaper than insides!! Simple case of demand an not checking what else was available

I have been watching this cruise since November. We didn't book and kept waiting untl after final payment. Within 2 days after final payment the price went from $779 for a Cat 9 to a $1249, then every day after that it kept going up!! How does that happen? My husband thinks something very fishy is going on and so do I. Usually prices drop after final payment not double. We were going to book it but obviously we will not book it now at the prices listed.

Have a great time. Tell Ricardo and Dravco in the Martini Bar I said hi.

Anne Maria

NO, prices do not always drop after final payment, and no one should count on this happening. The better a particular cruise is selling the more celebrity will raise the price. Only the last several months with the economy in the toilet have we seen pricing drop after final payment. Same thing happened post 9/11. We are going into high cruise season and prices will only go up from here.

Archived