Clothing for Dunns River Falls

Elle in Chicago

We just wore our bathing suits (I wore a one piece) and aqua shoes. I saw people in tee shirts and shorts though. I just didn't want to be weighted down by the wet clothes. Yes you do fall, yes you will get scraped and bruised, yes will feel like they've been pulled out of their sockets, and yes the water is really cold. Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!

first of all, be prepared to get wet! It is fun but you get soaked!!! Also bring water shoes with good traction because there is lots of climbing on slippery rocks. When we went over spring break it was VERY cold in the water so wear something warm that can get wet! Also make sure to bring a camera-there are lots of photo spots!!

The water is absolutely freezing so definitely wear a t-shirt and shorts over your bathing suit - it helps a little. Water shoes are important. The rocks are really slippery. We climbed up next to a woman who had flipflops on and after 2 minutes one of her shoes was washed away so she had to go the rest of the way barefoot!

• 4 weeks later...

We wore t-shirt and shorts over our bathing suits as it was a bit cool the day we took this trip. If it was warm I would be happy to go in just a bathing suit. Out of our group everyone wore clothes over their swim suits for warmth. Two couples braved it in just swim wear.

We were at Dunns River Falls on Feb 24th 2009. We arrived in Ocho Rios Jamaica on the Carnival Triumph. We did our own trip to the falls. We took the shuttle bus. Go to www.dunnsrivershuttle.com it's certainly a cheap way to see the falls. The price is $15.00 per person return from the Ocho Rios cruise terminal to the falls. You can book on line or wait until you get to Ocho Rios. When you arrive at the dock just ask for Horace Taylor. He co-ordinates all the shuttle busses and the buses are licenced and approved by theJamaica Tourist Board. You can email them at dunnsrivershuttle@live.com or phone them at 1-876-446-6413.

It costs $15.00 per person to get into the falls. When we got to the falls on the shuttle they had entry tickets already for us. We paid them the $15.00 each for the tickets and entered in to the falls. We did not have to line up. Horace Taylor is a very presentable person and very business like. We felt very safe in his care. If we wanted we could also have booked extra time and seen more of Jamaica or shopped but we chose not to. There was no pressure to add on an extra tour. I certainly recommed The Dunns River Falls Shuttle. We got the shuttle at 9:30am and were back at the ship at 12 noon. Our ship did not sail until 4pm so we could have shopped locally if we wanted to.

• 2 weeks later...
We wore t-shirt and shorts over our bathing suits as it was a bit cool the day we took this trip. If it was warm I would be happy to go in just a bathing suit. Out of our group everyone wore clothes over their swim suits for warmth. Two couples braved it in just swim wear.

We were at Dunns River Falls on Feb 24th 2009. We arrived in Ocho Rios Jamaica on the Carnival Triumph. We did our own trip to the falls. We took the shuttle bus. Go to www.dunnsrivershuttle.com it's certainly a cheap way to see the falls. The price is $15.00 per person return from the Ocho Rios cruise terminal to the falls. You can book on line or wait until you get to Ocho Rios. When you arrive at the dock just ask for Horace Taylor. He co-ordinates all the shuttle busses and the buses are licenced and approved by theJamaica Tourist Board. You can email them at dunnsrivershuttle@live.com or phone them at 1-876-446-6413.

It costs $15.00 per person to get into the falls. When we got to the falls on the shuttle they had entry tickets already for us. We paid them the $15.00 each for the tickets and entered in to the falls. We did not have to line up. Horace Taylor is a very presentable person and very business like. We felt very safe in his care. If we wanted we could also have booked extra time and seen more of Jamaica or shopped but we chose not to. There was no pressure to add on an extra tour. I certainly recommed The Dunns River Falls Shuttle. We got the shuttle at 9:30am and were back at the ship at 12 noon. Our ship did not sail until 4pm so we could have shopped locally if we wanted to.

Did you have to prepay if you made a reservation for the shuttle bus? I see that you have to leave a phone number for them to call to confirm the reservation. But do you need to give a credit card for a deposit or anything? And what if you decide you want to go on a later or earlier shuttle? Not sure we want to be locked in, but at the same time, I don't want to wait in a long line. Also how do they know that you have paid for the shuttle for your return trip? Do you have to tell them what time you will be returning?

Just did the falls on March 17th. I was fantastic. The water was cold, but the experience was one I will never forget. We had a great hostess, Kadea (SP???) and the guides that took us up the falls kept our cameras and took pictures for us. I wasn't sure about holding hands with people I did not know, but we all bonded and helped one another up 695 feet of slippery, wet rocks. I wore shorts over my tankini and water shoes--DH sore swim trunks and water shoes. If you don't want to buy water shoes, they did have them for rent at $8, but I paid less than that at Wal-Mart for new ones.

We did book this excursion through the ship--we felt completely safe.

Archived