Weather from Baltimore in Nov/Dec

Ships R Great

I have lived in the Baltimore area all of my life (61 years). The joke about the weather around here is "if you don't like the weather...wait a minute".

In November, December you can have anything from 70 degrees to 25 degrees. No kidding! My grandparents lived 2 houses down from us and I remember walking down there for Thanksgiving dinner with a short sleeve dress on and I remember my brothers and I taking turns pulling each other on the sleds through the snow. Mostly it is pretty mild around here that time of year 40-50's. More chance of rain than anything else.

The Chesapeake Bay is beautiful, you will probably miss most of it because it will be dark. Sometimes cruise ships will stop for a few minutes before or after sailing under the Chesapeake Bay Bridges, dual spans (officially Wm. Preston Lane bridge - but no one calls it that) so that you can take pictures. The bridges cross the Bay from just outside Annapolis, at Sandy Point State Park and Stevensville, MD. The bridge is 4.35 miles long and is among the world's longest and most scenic.

The Chesapeake can be rough if there is a storm but I do not know how much you would notice in on a cruise ship, maybe as you approach the Chesapeake Bay Bridge - another absolute engineering marvel. You should go on line and read about this! It was built by a private group because most people said it could not be done!

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

Archived