Celebrity Food Quality?

goldenpheasant

Hello

We have not been on very many cruises but our best dining experiences have been with Celebrity by a mile.

Gail

(((( Gail))))

I meant to get over to the Solstice Roll call to reply & say Hi. I see you guys are doing P& O next. We tried Princess in November~Mexican Riviara~and really liked it.

They gave Ray escargo every night. Like he needed it every night:eek:

I will miss you guys when we cruise in March. You made our cruise on Summitt our "Best" so far!

More hugs to John and the gang!

Sandy, Ray, & Monty

My wife and I have sailed many times, and yes there is a menu change but is say this...

Has anoyone ever worked for a compnay where they do changes at the top?? or in how they do things?? its always had the first year or so...give it time they will get it back better then ever. Having said that we found the food on the new Menu last summer and this past November better then before, with Roux, some of it was to heavy and we were bored of the same menus....Look at change as a positive! and eventually it will get better!

Besides name another cruiseline that takes risk and trys to attempt new things???? ummm none do! other then RCL and Celebrity.Celebrity is aligning them selves for the future! And I think its great.

I am sure 1 year from now they will have worked out the kinks. But the food is still better overall then any other cruise we have sailed. We go to dinner out to many fine places in Toronto, Muskoka, and love food! I think Celebrity is going in the right direction.

I agree 100%! My wife and I have cruised Celebrity since 1993 and the food has evolved, but it is still much better than the competition. People had their favorites from the Roux menus and change is difficult for many. I happen to like the new offerings! The emphasis is on small amounts of well prepared food using fresh ingredients. The American frame of reference equates volume with quality. If that lobster seems a bit small, order another entree -- they will bring what you want.

I feel the main dining room cuisine has been pretty constant for 15 years. The buffet has improved every year we have cruised. The alternative restaurants have had minor ups and downs, but are still the best at sea!

The Aqua spa cafes offer a unique alternative and are wonderful.

Food is not as subjective as people think -- you either have quality fresh ingredients prepared by professionals, or you don't.

When it comes to cuisine I will take Celebrity any day compared to the competition.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Celebrity offers a much better meal than I normally cook at home.It's delicious and served and cleaned up after and it's in an exotic location.What more do you want?

You are absolutely right Kathy. DW said the same thing. We are on a beautiful ship, blue warm water, exotic ports, we walk into a dinning room and eat wonderful food and get up from the table and walk away to go do something else. And this is everyday. My doctor told me if you don't have a great time on a cruise, you have a problem.

Dennis

We are just off the Summit. Haven't traveled with Celebbrity in years though this is our 6th with Celebrity. We did feel the main dinning room be be a slightly lower quality than in the past but the buffet area had the greatest variety of selections I have ever seen on a ship. At lunch a sandwich bar in the back of the ship. A hamburger and notdog bar at the pool along with normal buffet. Sushi in the afternoon. An asian selection at breakfact along with American and English. Many omelet stations. Pizza and ice cream most of the day. All of very good quality.

We also cruised Constellation Nov/Dec 2008, and it was our first experience with the new menus. From reading comments on these boards, I was not prepared to be impressed; however, I was.

Breakfasts were about the same as previous 6 cruises.

I was never a fan of the themed lunches of the old menus, so I was happy with the new lunch fares.

In the main dining room, many of my favorite dinner items are no longer available, but I was pleasantly surprised that many of the new items were to my liking. I have to say that my wife and I are quite happy with the menus. Now, we also had THE waiter from Heaven! I have never been taken care of so well, and our waiters have always been great! From the first night, to the last, he recalled everything that we liked/did not like, and made changes even without our having to ask. For example, we found from a previous cruise, that we do not like risotto. He told us that he would change it for one of the potato dishes available, and even brought an extra plate of the potato for us. He left off vegetables that he knew we didn't like, and made substitutions as he saw fit. We also, as usual, always asked what he recommended, and often followed his advice. We were always happy! [by the way, his name is Gede (pronounced Guh day) from Bali, if you happen to be fortunate enough to get him.]

As to the food overall? I would give it a thumbs up.

Archived