Best ship for 4 or 5 day cruise

MuncieCruisers

We are looking to book a cruise this fall with friends. We are looking at sailings out of Tampa and Miami.

The ship choices are:

Imagination (I sailed in 2004)

Destiny

Inspiration.

I think 2 are the same class ship.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Been on two...Inspiration and Destiny. Both were good. Destiny is larger that Inspiration.

I would narrow it down to itinerary. Destiny has HMC and Grand Turk on the itin. Like both ports.

Inspriation is smaller and more intimate. Always like Cozumel on the itin.

I like both...Hell, I like any ship I'm on.....;)

PS: Miami is a PITA.....

We are looking to book a cruise this fall with friends. We are looking at sailings out of Tampa and Miami.

The ship choices are:

Imagination (I sailed in 2004)

Destiny

Inspiration.

I think 2 are the same class ship.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Imagination and Inspiration are the same class and I have sailed them both and they are both nice ships. I am partial to Tampa because it's my home, but I like Miami as well. The port of Tampa is easier, though. The Destiny would be a good choice if you are interested in a balcony cabin. It is a larger ship, with lots of balcony cabins, the only large ship right now doing a 5 day itinerary, so you can get a balcony cabin on her for a decent price. If you want a balcony on the other two ships, you have to get a suite and it is $$$$. Some cruises on Destiny calls on Half Moon Cay, a private island that I have heard many good things about. And some of them go to Jamaica, which is a hole. So it kinda depends on the specific itinerary as to which I would choose. But, overall, I would lean towards the Destiny, larger ship, cheaper balcony cabins. Just try to cruise to HMC and not Jamaica. Hope this helps.

I get a military rate so Carnival is always pretty cheap for me. Cozumel is fun, especially if they still have the booze and snorkel. I am up for that. We love balconies, but usually stay oceanview when on a 4 or 5 day.

How are the waterslides on them?

THanks!

I get a military rate so Carnival is always pretty cheap for me. Cozumel is fun, especially if they still have the booze and snorkel. I am up for that. We love balconies, but usually stay oceanview when on a 4 or 5 day.

How are the waterslides on them?

THanks!

Inspiration and Imagination have both had the evolutions upgrades, so they've got the mac daddy waterslides. 180 feet long or something like that, plus dual, straight racing slides.. It's hella awesome!

Archived