Chops/Portfino with kids?

ahornb

Has anyone taken their kids to the specialty restaurants on Liberty of the Seas? What was your experience like? Our kids will be 9 and 12 years old when we cruise.

As long as your reservation is before 7 p.m., you are OK. At that age, your kids should be old enough to sit quietly through a 2+ hr. meal - assuming they want to.

As long as your reservation is before 7 p.m., you are OK. At that age, your kids should be old enough to sit quietly through a 2+ hr. meal - assuming they want to.

Cool.

I've been reading other threads about people being really upset about kids in the Specialty Restaurants. I didn't want to be glared at for the whole meal.

My kids are quite accustomed to dining out. For my son's 12th birthday, we treated him to Ruth's Chris Steak House. We all went including DH and our then 8 year old DD. The kids loved it! I thought they may enjoy Chops.

ahornb, the issue with the specialty restaurants (at least for most of us) is they used to be specifically for age 13 and up yet some parents would want the rules broken for their kids, which would upset others (parents and childless alike) because RCCL allowed the rules to be broken. The rules now are that children are allowed if the reservation is before 7pm, and most people realize that and are fine with it - if RCCL adheres to their own rules. The difference for me is that before if I booked a specialty restaurant, I expected it to be kid free so I would've had a right to be upset if someone had their kids in there. But now, since RCCL allows it, I should not be surprised or upset if I were to encounter you and your lovely children at the next table over. If I am that is my own problem, and not yours.

ahornb, the issue with the specialty restaurants (at least for most of us) is they used to be specifically for age 13 and up yet some parents would want the rules broken for their kids, which would upset others (parents and childless alike) because RCCL allowed the rules to be broken. The rules now are that children are allowed if the reservation is before 7pm, and most people realize that and are fine with it - if RCCL adheres to their own rules. The difference for me is that before if I booked a specialty restaurant, I expected it to be kid free so I would've had a right to be upset if someone had their kids in there. But now, since RCCL allows it, I should not be surprised or upset if I were to encounter you and your lovely children at the next table over. If I am that is my own problem, and not yours.

I hear ya!

Our last three cruises have been on the Disney Magic. On that ship, the adult only restaurant, "Paolo", is like sacred ground. DH and I really look forward to it. If a family even tried to bring a kid in there (or even someone who looked like they were under 21) well behaved or not, there would probably be a mutiny. I'm talking plank walking! ;) There's like a collective empathetic sigh from the entire restaurant if someone's Kids Club pager goes off.

I must admit, I would most likely be one to join the mutinous crew. I know how I'd feel if I was expecting an adult only atmosphere, so I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's evening.

Your kind words are indeed encouraging. I suppose I shouldn't worry about it if we are following the rules.

Archived