Charleston questions

saddleman

I am going for seven days on the Majesty. I had planned on driving day of cruise, 4-5 hours, and parking in the deck at the dock. This would cost $105.

I also considered going on the day before and staying at a motel that offers a room and a weeks parking, and a shuttle to/from the dock. Can anyone recommend a motel in the same price range of around $100-125 that does this?

As a grad of The Citadel, I want to see the regular Friday afternoon parade, tour the campus, eat at a good restaurant, and get a good nights sleep. Anybody else done something like this?

Thanks, saddleman.

Hi Saddleman, welcome to CC. I went to the "Port of Call" Section and clicked on "United States," then "East Coast Departures." There I typed "Charleston Hotels" in the Search function. Here's what popped up:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=12298801

FYI: Most hotels in Charleston will allow you to leave your car there. You should be able to find some in that price range. :)

I am going for seven days on the Majesty. I had planned on driving day of cruise, 4-5 hours, and parking in the deck at the dock. This would cost $105.

I also considered going on the day before and staying at a motel that offers a room and a weeks parking, and a shuttle to/from the dock. Can anyone recommend a motel in the same price range of around $100-125 that does this?

As a grad of The Citadel, I want to see the regular Friday afternoon parade, tour the campus, eat at a good restaurant, and get a good nights sleep. Anybody else done something like this?

Thanks, saddleman.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in North Charleston last month and would recommend it! They have a manager's reception each evening (snacks and free drinks - something to not get used to before going on a cruise!) and had a cook to order breakfast in the morning. The shuttle service was excellent as well.

I believe you can book this package directly on line.

Enjoy the cruise!

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in North Charleston last month and would recommend it! They have a manager's reception each evening (snacks and free drinks - something to not get used to before going on a cruise!) and had a cook to order breakfast in the morning. The shuttle service was excellent as well.

I believe you can book this package directly on line.

Enjoy the cruise!

We wanted to stay there for our upcoming cruise. No vacancy :(

We've stayed at Holiday Inn Riverview and will again. Oh well.. maybe next time.

Saddleman, just so you know, the price for both these hotels is between $160 - $200 after tax during high season.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Riverview last month. I did the reservation online with the pre-paid rate of $90 for Friday night. Definitely check the guaranteed prepaid rates online. We thought the room was great and would stay there again. There are pictures of the room on my blog in part 1 of my cruise photos (see link in signature).

The Holiday Inn will let you park there for the week, but ask that you move your vehicle to the back of the parking lot.

Saddleman, I booked the Radisson Hotel Charleston airport for one night for $ 159.00 ( that includes taxes ) This is the cruise package deal. Since we are staying the night of Mar 20th, this cost for one room, 2 queen beds could be more $ due to the season. This includes shuttle service to and from the port and we are driving so will leave our car at the hotel. ( no extra charge )

Archived