Puerto Vallarta - Discover SCUBA - Has anyone done this?

BDUBoftexas

Just booked my cruise - YAY - Carnival Splendor and was looking at the excursions. Neither my husband or I have ever SCUBAd so I was looking at the Discover SCUBA thing - has anyone ever done this? Is it hard? Is it worth the money?

Welcome any comments - thanks!

(And if this is a duplication, I apologize, but can't find the first thread I did on this)

Just booked my cruise - YAY - Carnival Splendor and was looking at the excursions. Neither my husband or I have ever SCUBAd so I was looking at the Discover SCUBA thing - has anyone ever done this? Is it hard? Is it worth the money?

Welcome any comments - thanks!

(And if this is a duplication, I apologize, but can't find the first thread I did on this)

I am a certified diver and have gone diving in PV. Personally I did not like it and would not recommend it for a new diver. The water was cold and visibility not good. If you want to try diving then I suggest trying it in Cabo.

Hope this info helps! :)

I am also a certified diver but it had been a long time so I just did the Discover SCUBA dives in both Puerto Vallarta and Cabo last week. The visibility wasn't the best but I found it to be OK. I learned to dive in a lake in upstate N.Y. so for me the visibility was what I was used to. I would agree that for a beginner it might not seem as spectacular as you might be expecting although the beginners I was with all seemed to enjoy it. The water was cool but we were provided with wet suits in both places and that made it very comfortable. Cabo was probably the better of the two places as far as conditions go but I also enjoyed P.V. very much. It's not physically hard because the instructors are there helping you at every step although for your own safety you need to pay attention and stick with them of course. I would recommend trying it out in at least one of these places and see for yourselves how you like it.

Hope this helps, Bill

Ecstasy - Nov. 2003

Paradise - Oct. 2004

Spirit - Dec. 2006

Elation - Oct. 2007

Spirit - Apr. 2008

Pride - Feb. 2009

Archived