Coffee questions

Nacwolin

Community can be purchased at Walmart, but nowhere around Erie, PA! :(

Eight O'Clock, which was rated #1 just recently in taste tests, can be purchased in the Northeast at Giant Eagle...:)

My favorite from Limon, is from the Golden Bean Coffee factory... We did a tour to the factory, and learned many things..!!

Their 'dark roast' is WONDERFUL!!!:D And they ship 'by the case'...;)

GREAT! Now I have to try a different coffee... :rolleyes:

Have liked Eight O'Clock since my days at the A & P in Pittsburgh years (many) ago...:);)

I used to loooove eight o clock but I really think that they changed it since 25 years ago when it kept me awake through nursing school in "Dreary Erie",PA.!

I urge you to try community coffee..the best!

-By the way, no more A&P???

I used to loooove eight o clock but I really think that they changed it since 25 years ago when it kept me awake through nursing school in "Dreary Erie",PA.!

I urge you to try community coffee..the best!

OK, OK... I'll 'give it a try'! Gotta' find the website again..!:rolleyes::p

We've missed you in Erie since you left.. Hope you weren't mad at us when you went to Texas... :);)

We've missed you in Erie since you left.. Hope you weren't mad at us when you went to Texas...

Awwww....I miss everyone in Erie too. When Lou Tulio left I had to leave! (just kidding).

When I graduated nursing school it was a cold Frebruary night, snow up to my car roof. I left almost immediately to South Florida where it took 10 years to thaw out. I do miss Palakos (did I spell this right?) chocolates, the fall leaves and vineyards, my Polish relatives home cooking. Hope that you enjoy your coffee!

I'm thinking $1.25/$1.50 for a cup of strong, black coffee at the Expresso Bar... And its much better than anything else you will find on the ship.. (There was also a 'coffee bar' at the corner of the Lido Buffet on the Freedom in December, but I usually had a belly full of eggs/bacon by then, and regular java was OK by that time...);)

Room service coffee by the pot is OK... Worked for me...:D

ps: Recent taste tests verify that Eight O'Clock Coffee came out on top .. So much for Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts..:eek::p

I don't know who participated in the taste tests, but I rate most bands of Starbucks better than Eight O' Clock and Dunkin Donuts. I like strong coffee and enjoy the Princess coffee card and the coffee machines on NCL.

If I'm on a different ship, I normally will bring my own coffee and use a Melitta one cup pour-through coffee maker to make my coffee. I use the hot water at the coffee bar. You would be surprised at the number of people who offered to buy my coffee maker after drinking the ship's coffee.

Wes

A&P merged with Borman Foods a number of years ago.

I do not know about the rest of the country, but all of the Michigan stores (operated under the Farmer Jack nameplate) closed about a year or two ago.

Awwww....I miss everyone in Erie too. When Lou Tulio left I had to leave! (just kidding).

When I graduated nursing school it was a cold Frebruary night, snow up to my car roof. I left almost immediately to South Florida where it took 10 years to thaw out. I do miss Palakos (did I spell this right?) chocolates, the fall leaves and vineyards, my Polish relatives home cooking. Hope that you enjoy your coffee!

Pulako's, I believe... :) Rec'd my shipment from Community...!:p

Cafe Especial is quite good, tho' I could only buy that 'ground'.. Will use that up, then 'grind as I go' for the other two blends that I purchased!! Thanks for the advice.. Quite happy with my purchase!;)

A Melitta.. Hmmmm.m.m.m.... Off to 'google' it...:D

I bet they didn't test Comminuty Coffee from Baton Rouge, LA...:p

Tell me about it...Community Dark Roast is da bomb! :D

You know, I had coffee from (brace yourselves....) McDonald's the other day, and it was actually quite good! I was very pleasantly surprised.

Hubby likes me to buy Free Trade coffees; that's why I get Kirkland beans. But I like many different kinds. WaWa's is a favorite when I am on the go.

WaWa Coffee is a great deal! When we lived in Virginia Beach we had a WaWa right down the road from us...there was nothing better than WaWa coffee and a hot pretzel! :D

Right on! Community coffee is the best ever (next to the beans that I roast). I particularly like their "hotel blend", hard to find but I did find it at Walmart.:p

The Dark Roast is my personal favorite...ever since we came back south it is all we brew...:D

I use the "Ready Set Joe Filter Cone" and my own travel cup. I don't use their coffee, I'm hooked on Starbuck.

https://shop.melitta.com/search.asp?SKW=MACM

That's funny....:) I was just on ebay looking for 'Melitta' and saw the 'Ready Set Joe' for sale.. :p

I think I (you) may have solved my dilemma.. Thanks.. :D

• 4 weeks later...

gotta weigh in about Community coffee. I have been buying it from their online site since 1997. I got hooked when we visited New Orleans. I love love love their New Orleans blend with chickory. And about a year ago they started with the individual pods that I can use in my Senseo machine.I suggest everyone trying Community Coffee just once and you will love it too!

I bet they didn't test Comminuty Coffee from Baton Rouge, LA...:p

if they did it would have been a different outcome! :p :D

You know, I had coffee from (brace yourselves....) McDonald's the other day, and it was actually quite good! I was very pleasantly surprised.

Hubby likes me to buy Free Trade coffees; that's why I get Kirkland beans. But I like many different kinds. WaWa's is a favorite when I am on the go.

We liked WaWa coffee in the mornings when we lived in VaBeach, I tried McD's coffee the other morning and while it was a lot better than the past, it still wasn't that good, just my opinion ;), the coffee bar on the ship has good cappucino and it is definitely free in the dining room!! :D

Archived