Looking For Grandeur OTS 5-Nite Info

kicker

I'll be doing a 5 nite Grandeur Cruise Feb 21. Any info recent Grandeur cruisers can give will be greatly appreciated.

One Question, for example: We booked late and we have late seating for Dinner (we prefer early and will try to switch onboard). Does anyone know if Late Seating interferes with ship events (shows, Captain's or C&A receptions)?

Another: I'm not a soda drinker. Are the other drinks (lemonade, etc.) readily available on the ship? Is there a snack bar or other food places besides Windjammer? I've read a lot of reviews and can't find answers to these q's, so again, any help will be appreciated.

I'll be doing a 5 nite Grandeur Cruise Feb 21. Any info recent Grandeur cruisers can give will be greatly appreciated.

One Question, for example: We booked late and we have late seating for Dinner (we prefer early and will try to switch onboard). Does anyone know if Late Seating interferes with ship events (shows, Captain's or C&A receptions)?

Another: I'm not a soda drinker. Are the other drinks (lemonade, etc.) readily available on the ship? Is there a snack bar or other food places besides Windjammer? I've read a lot of reviews and can't find answers to these q's, so again, any help will be appreciated.

- We have always done late seating and it has never interfered with any activities we wanted to do. If I remember right most of the shows are prior to dinner for late seating, the Compass will let you know the times. One perk to late seating is not having to hurry back to the ship from port to get ready.

- Of course the Windjammer has the most options for drinks, but there are refreshment centers near the main pool area and large coolers with water and lemonade in the Solarium too.

I had late seating dinner and it never interfered with any of the shows. Some nights the show is scheduled before dinner, some nights it was after.

Lemonade is always readily available in the Windjammer, alond with water and iced tea. They have a crew member constantly preparing cold drinks there. I loved the lemonade - it was delicious.

When the Windjammer is closed (not very often), snacks are available in the Solarium Cafe. Generally though, if you want a snack, the Windjammer is the place to be.

Thanks for the answers. We did Sovereign OTS several years ago and missed some things because of the late seating (that being said, it was a strange cruise because the singers/dancers had rotated off and hadn't been replaced yet - our 4 nite entertainment was a comedian every night). I read a review in which someone stated they missed the Captain's reception and the C&A reception because of the late sitting, which is why I asked. I wondered if this were more apt to happen on shorter cruises?

The drinks answer defintitely helps, so, again,thanks.

Hey Kicker-

Been posting on the roll call - talking to you - no one is posting still! Geesh..never had a roll call like this one!

I take along those little single packets of Country Time (or whoever) lemonade-

just in case they have cut back (like Princess) and arent doing lemonade anymore.

Come on and chat on the roll call..wondering about what you are doing for CM and C????

We've never missed any show, Captain's reception, or CA event because of late seating. We did a Grandeur 5 nite last year when it went to Progresso. The french fries in the Solarium are hard to beat. They had pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, cheese burgers, and a chicken sandwich also. I too carry some Crystal Light drink packs with me so I can mix up a couple of bottles and keep them in the refrigerator.

On my 5-night cruise a few weeks back on the Grandeur, they had two Captain's Receptions - one at 5, I believe, for the early seating guests, and another at 7:30 for the late seating guests. I thought on the whole everything was pretty well scheduled.

Archived