Hotels near Princess pier in Seattle?

jealdaka

I posted this on the West Coast page but thought I would put it here too since it's about Princess. We have always sailed from Bell Street and stayed at Hilton or Renaissance (points for stays) and are now sailing from Pier 91. I know nothing of that area but it appears to be quite a distance. Any hotel suggestions that are closer, safe, and reasonable but nice. I prefer something in the Marriott or Hilton chains if possible.

We are staying at Homewood Suites(Hilton) which is about 1.5 miles from the new terminal. There is a thread going on at the West Coast Departures that you may want to read. It is called Seattle Q&A or something like that.

Marilyn

We drove down to the new pier 91 a week ago. Just wasn't exactly sure how far it was from downtown Seattle. It is definitely quite a distance and closer to Ballard now. As for hotels, there are none near this new pier. Best thing to do would be to stay in Seattle at a hotel you like and then get transportation to the new pier.

The terminal is not finished yet, but they gave us a slip so we could drive in near it. The area is so much prettier than pier 30 was. Looks like parking is going to be a distance from the terminal, if what I see on the Port of Seattle site is correct. Looked like there could be some near the terminal, but that could be for the other business that is near. Should be interesting to see it the beginning of May and how it looks.

If someone in Seattle could drive from the Mall where the tram ends to pier 91, then we would know how far away it is. But looking at may quest, it did not look to be much more that to the old pier 30.

A nice hotel down town near the mall will allow you a nice evening before the cruise without using a taxi to go anywhere. Then next day a 15 min. drive to pier 91 and the cruise.

One thing that I will miss will be the sights of cruising past the town. On a clear day looking to the south at the snow cap mountain. But I'll see alot of snow in Alaska.

Archived