Carnival Excursion in St. Thomas?

teacher2cruiser

There is one that takes you for some shopping, then back to drop off purchases at the ship then back to beach - Magen's Bay. Reasonably priced it seems, $33 per adult. Please give me your thoughts on this. It's exactly what we want - some shopping and some beach - no snorkeling or water sports, but I'd like to hear what y'all think.

Thanks!

If you have never been to St. Thomas than you must do this. The Island is so beautiful. We did the tour on our first trip and it was awesome the second trip we just went back to the beach. We are taking our kids for the first time next month and are booking the tour again so our boys can see the island.

Well worth the money.

There is one that takes you for some shopping, then back to drop off purchases at the ship then back to beach - Magen's Bay. Reasonably priced it seems, $33 per adult. Please give me your thoughts on this. It's exactly what we want - some shopping and some beach - no snorkeling or water sports, but I'd like to hear what y'all think.

Thanks!

Here is a cut/paste from my recent review. I just did that same shore excursion 2 weeks ago.....

DAY 1, ST. THOMAS: We took Carnival’s Shopping/Megan’s Bay Beach Getaway Shore excursion for $33 pp, and it was pretty good. A short bus ride from the dock to the downtown shopping district, where we were met by very aggressive and sometimes rude sellers trying to coax us into their stores. There were high end jewelers mixed in the low end ABC type stores. They would stand out front of their stores, saying things like “Quit the aimless wandering and get in here and spend!” “You came here to spend money, so what are you waiting for?” Not the most enjoyable, and it was all overpriced tourist junk. I suppose if you were in the market for Rolex or Diamond jewelry, you could have gotten a good deal as it is all duty free. The better half of the Shore excursion was the trip to Megan’s Bay Beach. It was a short bus ride to the other side of the island where we spent 2 wonderful hours on gorgeous Megan’s Bay. The sand was clean and white and it was very picturesque with palm trees and bright blue, calm swimming waters. It was a great beach if you are a beach person, as we are.

There is an excursion for the same price that does the beach only. Is there any shopping right at the port? If you could redo, would you do beach only?

If I were you I would do an island tour with Spiderman, Sunny Liston, Godfrey, or EEE. They are $25 and you get 3 hours shopping, 1.5 hour island tour, and 2 hours at a beach. Spiderman even starts his tour at 8:30 so you get back by 3:45 which is plenty of time before the ship leaves. Hope this helps.

There is an excursion for the same price that does the beach only. Is there any shopping right at the port? If you could redo, would you do beach only?

There is good shopping right outside the terminal. Yes, if we could do it over again, we would skip the shopping and spend the time at Megan's Bay. There is no sense in going downtown to shop (unless you want a high end Rolex or something). If you want to save even more money, just take a cab to Megan's Bay, it has a small admission fee (I think about $5 pp) and stay as long as you would like. It is only a 10 min ride. The cab would be cheap and there are plenty of taxi drivers at the dock. That's how we would do it if we had to do it over again. Enjoy! Megan's is a sight to behold.

Thanks!

I have been to ST Thomas twice, and did the Sunny Liston tour. It was 20 dollars the first time i did it, now it is 25.......GREAT GREAT tour! He meets you at the ship with a sign with your name on it, like they do at the airports!

He was great!

WE are going again in March, and i think i am going to book him again.

Google sunny liston tours, he has a website..

Denise

oh, he does shopping, beach and a tour to the top of the mountain!

Archived