Carnival Customer Dis-Service

SINYFam

We were on the Conquest for a New Year's Eve cruise (12/28/08 out of Galveston). We ordered 3 wines, 3 champagnes, some water and snacks for the kids. The place we ordered from, Spec's is well known in TX and said, they always make deliveries to the ships, this makes sense since they are about the only liquor store open in Galveston these days.

I know the gift bags made it to the terminal (I have a copy of the signed receipt), we also know it made it on a Carnival ship, the problem is, it was the wrong ship!!! Our Bon Voyage gifts were put on the Estacy which left before us. How do we know this, the staff on the Conquest tracked it down when I went looking it.

So we lost $400 worth of wine and champagne. What did Carnival give us as compensation, a couple of bottles of asti spumonti. I did get to call the liquor store while on the ship and they also tracked our stuff to the wrong ship. They then requested that the bags be left at the dock, and locked-up for us to pick up when we got back. Didn't happen.

So once back, my husband put a stop payment on the order, the liquor store kept calling the Embarkation area to pick up the returned merchindise. They only got back 1 wine, 1 champagne and the water and snacks, about a third of what we ordered.

So, we contacted Carnival armed with proof of delivery, what was there response, sorry, we are not responsible!!!!.

Not responsible for putting a package on a ship for a non-exsistent passenger. Carnival's security protecals(?) failed, I'm out $400 and they are not responsible. You would think they would recognize a breakdown when they see one, but no, they would rather have a dissatisfied customer than admit their staff is incompetent.

An airline would not load a package on a plane unless there is a customer's tag on it. But Carnival obviously doesn't check to make sure a package they are putting on their ship is destined for a passenger on that ship.

Just a note, it has taken me this long to write this up because I was hoping that Carnival would have reimbursed us for our loss. They didn't so I will now make it a point to let anyone I speak with about cruising that Carnival is lacking in security, responsibility and customer satisfaction.

We were on the Conquest for a New Year's Eve cruise (12/28/08 out of Galveston). We ordered 3 wines, 3 champagnes, some water and snacks for the kids. The place we ordered from, Spec's is well known in TX and said, they always make deliveries to the ships, this makes sense since they are about the only liquor store open in Galveston these days.

I know the gift bags made it to the terminal (I have a copy of the signed receipt), we also know it made it on a Carnival ship, the problem is, it was the wrong ship!!! Our Bon Voyage gifts were put on the Estacy which left before us. How do we know this, the staff on the Conquest tracked it down when I went looking it.

So we lost $400 worth of wine and champagne. What did Carnival give us as compensation, a couple of bottles of asti spumonti. I did get to call the liquor store while on the ship and they also tracked our stuff to the wrong ship. They then requested that the bags be left at the dock, and locked-up for us to pick up when we got back. Didn't happen.

So once back, my husband put a stop payment on the order, the liquor store kept calling the Embarkation area to pick up the returned merchindise. They only got back 1 wine, 1 champagne and the water and snacks, about a third of what we ordered.

So, we contacted Carnival armed with proof of delivery, what was there response, sorry, we are not responsible!!!!.

Not responsible for putting a package on a ship for a non-exsistent passenger. Carnival's security protecals(?) failed, I'm out $400 and they are not responsible. You would think they would recognize a breakdown when they see one, but no, they would rather have a dissatisfied customer than admit their staff is incompetent.

An airline would not load a package on a plane unless there is a customer's tag on it. But Carnival obviously doesn't check to make sure a package they are putting on their ship is destined for a passenger on that ship.

Just a note, it has taken me this long to write this up because I was hoping that Carnival would have reimbursed us for our loss. They didn't so I will now make it a point to let anyone I speak with about cruising that Carnival is lacking in security, responsibility and customer satisfaction.

Sorry for Carnivals mistake. If you put the stop payment on the CC, you shouldn't be charged anything???? Be prepared for the Carnival cheeleaders to blame you, but from what you described seems that you had no control over the situation. Who actually puts it on the ship, Carnival or Specs? So 2 ships where leaving the same day, and Carnival or Specs put it on the wrong ship? Hope you get everything straightened out.

GL

Carnival has ZERO responsibility for a package that you have delivered to the ship to be transferred to your cabin. I don't even see where your Cruise Insurance would cover this. This specific incident won't remotely affect my opinion of Carnival. You'd have been better off ordering from the Bon Voyage Department. Ken

If you used a credit card, which I hope you did, just dispute the charge and explain what happened. You did not receive the goods or service for which you were charged. Not much of an issue here as you are not asking for something you do not deserve.

Please don't say you paid by cash, check or debit card. It will just be more of a hassle, but you still are entitled to a refund. The cards provide this insurance and it is as if the goods were lost or stolen anyway.

By the way I read your post, it appears that you paid cash, otherwise you would not be upset because as I said, there would be no issue. Good Luck.

Wow, I did not realize you could have an outside company deliver liquor to your ship. I thought they stopped all that a while ago, and only Carnival could provide you with in room liquor delivery.

I'd dispute it with your credit card. You obviously didn't recieve what you ordered. Seems fairly cut an dried, unless you paid by debit, which I wouldn't advise in a situation that's not cash and carry.

Hope you get it resolved.

Sorry for the issue.

I will say there is lots of room for blame all the way around. However, I'll also say that I never expect Carnival to be responsible to be my personal shipping and receiving department.

They are trying to turn around a ship with 1500 crew members and 300 passengers. They have 8 hours to do this. They have to make up 1500 rooms. Restock with new foods and beverages. Fuel, maintenance, customs immigrations. Check in 3000 new passengers.

In the middle of all this, you expect them to accept personal packages from strangers for supposed guests, ensure security of said package, then deliver to your stateroom.

Personally, I think your expectations were way too high.

I think you have an issue with the store you made your order through. You placed the order and the order was never delivered to you.

The store then has an issue with Carnival.

I would be asking for my money back from the store. Let the store deal with Carnival

Sorry for the issue.

I will say there is lots of room for blame all the way around. However, I'll also say that I never expect Carnival to be responsible to be my personal shipping and receiving department.

They are trying to turn around a ship with 1500 crew members and 300 passengers. They have 8 hours to do this. They have to make up 1500 rooms. Restock with new foods and beverages. Fuel, maintenance, customs immigrations. Check in 3000 new passengers.

In the middle of all this, you expect them to accept personal packages from strangers for supposed guests, ensure security of said package, then deliver to your stateroom.

Personally, I think your expectations were way too high.

I think you have an issue with the store you made your order through. You placed the order and the order was never delivered to you.

The store then has an issue with Carnival.

I would be asking for my money back from the store. Let the store deal with Carnival

Dont now how this works the whole process, but OP said somone signed for it. Who was the somone?? If Carnival, they took the responsibilty to make sure it got to the OP. If Specs put it on the wrong ship, Carnival has no blame in the situation. Either way, I can't see where the OP did anything wrong.

You're killing me with this !! :D

Yea, there is a BIG squad of Carnival cheerleaders here... :eek:

You didnt see them?? Pom Poms out screaming Give me a C, Give me an A, give me a R, give me a N, give me a I, give me a V, give me an A, give me a L. Whats it spell?? "Carnival" Louder!!! whats it spell?? "CARNIVAL" :D

hmmmm

1. taught u were only allowed 1 bottle of wine to bring onboard.

even if u buy liqour at a port of call its held until debarkation :confused: think its in the documentation I could be wrong.

2 If YOU have somthing packaged to be delivered to the ship by YOUR carrier to a CCL ship and requested ccl to reimburse you because it was put on the wrong ship?

see i cant seem to wrap my mind around this.

In the past when the airline lost my bags and the pursers helped them to make arrangements to have it shipped to me at a port of call they had to make notation to accept a package.

I understand your looking for personal service or an employee to take the package directly? wow not going to happen.

and ccl is definatly not responsible.

still back to #1 taught you were only allowed 1 bottle of wine?

:rolleyes: gota research this

good luck dude should have just ordered it throug bonvoyage.

Sorry for the mix up OP, but not a carnival problem.

If I order something from JCPenneys and they mix up the address and deliver it to my neighbor, the post office is not responsible, JCPenneys is. If the correct address is on it and the post office delivers it to my neighbor instead, then it is a post office problem, but in no way would it be my neighbors fault or problem. (neighbor in this case = Carnival)

The store was the only one that made a mistake by delivering it to the wrong ship.

I would be mad too, but You are mad at the wrong people.

I think you need to rethink this.

And as to your comment on security, I think if you will take the time to look it up, there are different regulations for cruise ships and airlines.

Even in the event the personnel at Carnival realized a mistake had been made, thier only responsibility was to notify the deliverer of the error. Not to track down where it should have gone.

Also, another thought is if it was delivered just prior to departure, there would have not been time to realize the error before the ship was out to sea if even then. Again, you problem is with the store. Not Carnival.

5.gif5.gif That must be why you are over on this board all the time!!:)

I love this board, there is such an unbiased reaction to all of the Carnival posts positive and negative and great services, thats why I cheer so loudly for them. Rah Rah Rah...Goooo Carnival!!! :)

BTW, this is the only board I'm on...Goooo Carnival :)

If I order something from JCPenneys and they mix up the address and deliver it to my neighbor, the post office is not responsible, JCPenneys is. If the correct address is on it and the post office delivers it to my neighbor instead, then it is a post office problem, but in no way would it be my neighbors fault or problem. (neighbor in this case = Carnival)

The store was the only one that made a mistake by delivering it to the wrong ship.

And as to your comment on security, I think if you will take the time to look it up, there are different regulations for cruise ships and airlines.

Even in the event the personnel at Carnival realized a mistake had been made, thier only responsibility was to notify the deliverer of the error. Not to track down where it should have gone.

Also, another thought is if it was delivered just prior to departure, there would have not been time to realize the error before the ship was out to sea if even then. Again, you problem is with the store. Not Carnival.

It's always someone else's problem...

:cool:I also had a problem with a package that I orderd thru the Internet, UPS said they dropped off the package (They left it on the back porch) When I got home it was not there!! So I talked to the UPS guy and I had to make a claim to who I ordered my camera thru, took me a bit, but I got my refund!!:cool:

:cool:I also had a problem with a package that I orderd thru the Internet, UPS said they dropped off the package (They left it on the back porch) When I got home it was not there!! So I talked to the UPS guy and I had to make a claim to who I ordered my camera thru, took me a bit, but I got my refund!!:cool:

Good Job...Gotta be proud of your success! Here we go now...Go UPS...!!!!

Archived