Best island for helicopter tour

Squappie

We have stops in Honolulu, Hilo, Kona and Maui. Of these, which would be the best to view by helicopter?

We have done helicopter tours on Maui and the Big Island from Kona. We prefered our Big Island flight better than Maui. Both were the Spectacular Tours by Blue Hawaiian. I was just more impressed with the close-up view of Kileaua. It may have also been the fact we were not able to get inside Haleakala Crater.

Depending on time of day, I'd opt for either Hilo (for the Vlocano tours), or Maui. Always try to get an earlier morning tour, no matter which island. The air is clearer and most commonly, calmer. If you have a day in Hilo, it's fun to do the heli and then drive yourselves to the Park.

Without violating rules, i will say that you should only book any heli tour with a well established company..of which there are two. They are more expensive but are very well run.

Archived