Atlantis LA-Mexico Oct 2009 (Mariner of the Seas)

mwwkw

This was my first cruise as well and I had a fantastic time. I did a lot of research prior to going on the cruise (scoured facebook photos for costume ideas, reading blogs/threads, asking friends for tips, watching prior cruise souvenir dvd and never ending questions to Atlantis.)

One of the first tip I came across was 'Pace yourself.' So I did and just booked one excursion at Cabo (Dolphin Swim). It was one of the highlights of the trip. I saw all of the shows except the hypnotist, Magic of La Raf, and Rick and Carla. Dixie Longate's never ending jabs at the deaf guest and the sign language interpreters were tragic and pathetic. I can hear and I know sign language. It was painful to watch because I can see the deaf person struggling to make the most of the jokes which, unfortunately, was at his expense.

The door decorations was a hoot. I was in awe of the size of the ship. I just wished we had more sunny days during the cruise :). I wanted to go to the Singles Dinner but missed it. The Compass stated that the singles will meet at Vintages Bar from 6:30-7pm but never advertised the actual restaurant where it will be held so there you go. I tried the restaurants but mostly I was at Windjammer. I am the type of the person that wants to get the hell out the restaurant after eating. There are so many shows and I did not want to miss them. The sauna was standing room only. And it was hot.

We're going to talk about this cruise so much that you'll have to go because you'll be so jealous...it won't be the same without you, although we didn't meet, it the principle of the matter.

You are definitely right. BTW Mark, we were on the same deck as you. (we were a few doors down in a promenade room and we saw your photos on the door) Depending on which end of the ship we were coming down I kept forgetting which side of the side of the ship we were on except for the door decorations. We forgot to bring ours so we just had a board up.

The only thing that could have made this vacation any better was better weather but that's saying a lot since even without the hot sun we had a blast. I'm thinking that anywhere we go with Atlantis is fun regardless, there is very little drama and everyone is fun and friendly.

You are definitely right. BTW Mark, we were on the same deck as you. (we were a few doors down in a promenade room and we saw your photos on the door) Depending on which end of the ship we were coming down I kept forgetting which side of the side of the ship we were on except for the door decorations. We forgot to bring ours so we just had a board up.

The only thing that could have made this vacation any better was better weather but that's saying a lot since even without the hot sun we had a blast. I'm thinking that anywhere we go with Atlantis is fun regardless, there is very little drama and everyone is fun and friendly.

...and you didn't stop and say hi??? At least my room door was good to help guide you to your room. I can't tell you how many times I was confident I was on the right side of the ship and figured out I was walking down the wrong hallway...it probably happened at least once a day. I'm sure we probably saw each other at some point. Glad you had a good time, and you're right, a good time could be had on any Atlantis cruise. Can't wait for the next one.

Archived