Anything to do in Cozumel besides Paradise Beach?

Cruisebride2005

Tell us what time your ship gets in and perhaps we can suggest to you when to do what and can also tell you if you are overloading your plate or not. During high season, for example, you need to hit the beach clubs as early as possible or later in the afternoon or they can get so crowded you can't find a table. So best to figure that out first. Everything else can work around that.

TXroo: According to the Carnival website, the Ecstasy will be in Cozumel from 9am until 10pm. Plenty of time for all in my opinion, if you don't poop out!

I would start by driving to Paradise Beach and enjoy the sun, sand and lunch. Then pack up and continue around the island. Stop at Mirador for a photo op of the natural bridge and again at Coconuts for the spectacular view. Then on to San Gervasio for a tour of the ruins and an education in Mayan history. Celebrate your day in Cozumel with a glass of the island's best sangria at the minigolf and a round of 18 holes, some say the most beautiful in the Caribbean. Polish off an amazing day with dinner at La Veranda, complete with flaming dessert.

Can I come?

That itinerary you mentioned sounds heavenly, but I can't imagine driving in Cozumel. The last time we were there and took a taxi, I saw my life flash before my very eyes as the driver drove like a wild man! lol. Maybe taking a taxi is worse than actually driving. Is that the case?

That itinerary you mentioned sounds heavenly, but I can't imagine driving in Cozumel. The last time we were there and took a taxi, I saw my life flash before my very eyes as the driver drove like a wild man! lol. Maybe taking a taxi is worse than actually driving. Is that the case?

I live in South Texas and I drive in Mexico often...so the concept is not foreign to me. ;)

I rode in a taxi once in Mexico...not really all that bad except for all the squeaks and creaks. :) You just have to remember that Stop (Alto) signs are sometimes seen as more of a suggestion than the actual rule...sort of a do as the Romans do philosophy. :D

TXRoo

Spent day at PB last April with my kids 12 & 13. We all had a blast. Bringing group of at least 12 ages 13-72 when Navigator is in port Apr. 7th.? Affordable way for families to spend the day for the cost of cab fare and whatever you eat & drink. Cruiselines will soak you for a simple beach excursion-when Paradise Beach is the BEST. Put me in your daytimer for a drink

You must try the Ashiatsu Massage from Cozumel Sally. She is wonderful. She offers a barfeoot massgae where she uses her feet to send you to heaven for an hour. There are parrallel bars over the massage table and she uses all of her petite 100 lb frame to work wonders. She throughly explains everything ahead of time so there are no surprises and you feel totally comfortable and in well qualified hands. YOU MUST EXPERIENCE THIS. Visit www.barefootincozumel.com[/url].

ENJOY!!!!!

GailC: Independent tours are just fine in Cozumel. It's one of the safest places you'll ever have the good fortune to travel to.

Julie: The jetskis are $55 per hour, not per person. and two people can ride.

Thanks for the info and nice they just charge for the jetski not by person..will be there...

I wish it could be now when we're in a cold spell here only 4deg...brrrrrr

We were in Cozumel on Thursday 1-13-05 sailing on the NCL Sun. Before we went to spend a glorious day at Paradise Beach , My Husband treated me to a wonderful experience at Cozumel Sally's. She does a 1 hour massage using her feet. There are parrallel bars above the massage table and she gives a perfect massage. I am still feeling the effects 6 days later.

She explains everything perfectly and you will feel in good hands going into the massage and you will feel like you are in heaven after. She works wih you to make sure she provides the perfect amount of pressure.

This was a highlight of my cruise.

Visit her at http://www.barefootincozumel.com

• 1 month later...

Ok, Tom, after weeks of pondering, we've decided on the fury catamarans. Question is, should we book privately or through the cruiseline??? Want to get the most bang for the buck and I think the private through fury offers 2 snorkle stops for $3.00 more!!!

Do you or anyone else have input on this last dilemma??? Morning or afternoon?? We'd like to visit paradise beach, also. Oh, please help!!!

Robin in PA

dixi12...you can only book through the cruiseline. The 2 reef trip is for people who are staying on the island. Those trips go out every Sunday, and sometimes on other days when they can free a catamaran from the busy cruise ship schedule.

As for a.m./p.m., depending on what ship you´re on, how busy the day is etc., you don´t always have a choice. It´ll be one or the other. If you do get the choice, you might want to consider visiting PB in the a.m when it´s not so busy and doing the Fury in the p.m. when the sun is warmer for snorkeling.

Remember, the p.m. trip will leave between noon and 1 p.m. so get to PB around 9a.m. to squeeze out a few hours in the morning...have fun!

Tom..the reef they stop at is villablanca..I can't find any info on it..I'd much rather go to chankanaab (sp?) and palancar..but this is our first time in the caribbean and our first time snorkeling (except for disney world at typhoon lagoon:) ) so it's not like I have to do the best our first time. We have a party of ten so I don't want to deal with taxis or renting cars. Thanks for replying!!

I was wondering if it's better in Dzul-Ha or Chanakaab to snorkle? Any opinions out there? It sounds like Chanakaab is a little rocky on entry...I thought I read somewhere in a review that they have steps into the water there? I plan on going to a beach to Snorkle in the morning, do a little shopping and then head to PB for a couple pineapple drinks. We are coming in on the Fascination at 12 noon and leaving at 10 pm. I'm taking my mom with me and I doubt if she will snorkle so I am also interested in finding a place that has a nice beach she can hang out at while I float around.

My mom and I also love silver and turquoise jewlery. Any recommendations for shops in Cozumel where we might be able to get a good deal on rings, earirings and pendants??

Thanks!!!

Chankannab gets quite crowded in the afternoon during high season and therefore not much in the way of fish to look at as the people scare them off. The entrances to the water here, however, are very easy. They have steps cut in the rock and wooden railings to help you get in and out of the water.

I'm not sure I would go here in the afternoon during high season, however, as I fear all the shade will be taken up. If you're coming from May through Dec 15, no problem, however.

Dzul Ha might be a bit less crowded just depending on circumstances. They have a nice palapa covered area where your Mama can sit and enjoy the ocean and drinks while you snorkel. There is easy access for snorkeling down some stone steps but last time I visited (admittedly awhile ago) the steps were slippery with moss and I'd go down them on my bottom if you know what I mean. They may have fixed this and/or added other entrances to the water by now.

Corona Beach Club also has good snorkeling and if Dzul Ha is packed -- something you can see from the road in the taxi, try Corona which is only another mile down the road.

For silver and turquoise jewelry, Cinco Soles on the waterfront north of the musuem (about 4 blocks past the passenger ferry pier) has a really nice selection of good quality stuff. Their prices are not the cheapest in town but their collection is outstanding and they are a very reputable company. The jewelry is to your right as you enter the front door.

Archived