Tahitian Princess food questions

lycia

We are considering a Tahitian Princess cruise in June 2009. Please tell me about the quality of the food. I have only been on Cunard, Celebrity and Renaissance - never on Princess. We were very happy with Cunard and Celebrity, a tiny bit less satisfied with Renaissance) We like to try unusual foods and tend to prefer ethnic food (Moroccan, Indian, French) rather than bland American. Thanks!

We have been on the Tahitian twice, including last summer and have 4 more cruises booked on her. We hve enjoyed both the variety and quality of the meals. However, I don't remember any Moroccan or Indian food. There is a French night.

You might want to check out cruiseclues.com, they actually post the menus that you'll find on Princess. There isn't anything I would call exotic on the Tahitian or Pacific. They have the steak house and the Italian restaurants, but the food in the dining room is pretty middle of the road - they do offer sweetbreads one night and there's a sort of French menu on another. You should probably check out the menus and decide for yourself. The food on Princess has always been fine, IMO, but not what I would tag as adventureous.

We were on the Tahitian last summer on a Alaska trip. We were a little disapointed by the food. Very middle of the road. The steak house and the Italian resturant were excellent. We thought the food on the Golden in January was much better.

My wife and I were on the Tahitian Princess in May, 2008, and while this cruise will always stand out as something special, the food was not the reason. Of all the Princess cruises I've been on, only 8 so far, this was far and away the weakest part of the cruise. The menu was very similiar to what I'd experienced on many Caribbean cruises with only a few special items throughout the trip. I was looking forward to more local selections but not much was available. Speciality restaurants were fine but I can eat stead at home. But this cruise is not about the food, at least not for us, it was about the Islands. That was fantastic and we'd do this cruise again in a minute.

Archived