NCL Majesty FWD

RoyalTraveler

We were on deck 6 forward right at the bow and we did not have any motion issues at all. Another time we were on deck 9 forward and it was so rough I couldn't sleep the first night.

Bottom line it all depends how rough the seas will be and no one can predict that.

You will feel a lot of movement and you will hear some banging that sounds alot like you hit a whale.

LOL McCall! Great analogy!

OP ~ I've stayed on deck 3 before, it was more midship, however. You do hear the water, but I kinda liked it. My husband was in the Navy, and he would love to be in your cabin. The rockier and louder the better.

Thanks, guys. We don't mind some movement, after all, we do want to 'know' we are on a ship! But I can do w/o rock-n-roll-make-u-sick need dramamine x10; And whale collision noises :o, too! Fairly calm seas, please.

RT ~ I feel compelled to warn you about Majesty. As you know, she's a smaller ship than what you're probably used to. Also, her stabilizers are no longer "cutting edge," so to speak. Because of those two factors, you will probably feel quite a bit more movement that you would on a larger, newer ship. Now, during calm seas, you won't notice a thing, but rarely are seas calm everywhere!

I've never needed seasick medicine while on Majesty, but I think I'm going to take a Bonine every evening, starting a few nights before the cruise. Taking it at night will keep the side effects to a minimum since you're asleep.

Sounds like you don't mind movement, just not the effects physically.

We were in cabin 440 for a repo froim Philadelphia to Charleston(Nov 2008). We had a few times when we could feel movement but most of the time it was smooth sailing(unlike our cruise in May last year on the Dawn to Bermuda that was a rock n' rolling cruise).

Thanks to everyone who replied here. We experienced one night of really rough water on a western caribbean cruise once. With bonine & ginger, we didn't get sick but the crew was handing out barf bags in the hallways & laying extras on the stairs & in elevators. The 'hospital' was packed. I'm not expecting anything that rough this time. :p

Archived