Pre-night ? For port of los angeles san pedro

mikeblum

we are sailing on the MARINER OF THE SEA'S in 5 weeks...sunday the 15th of March...and staying at the HOLIDAY INN at San Pedro...any feedback on this hotel site and if there is a grocery store or store near by to purchase some water and soda's to bring onto the ship...Don't really want to haul it all from Minnespolis...thanks for the feedback...

Looks like your Holiday Inn is at 111 S. Gaffey St, which is a main street in San Pedro.

There is a CVS at 700 S. Gaffey, about 6 blocks away on the other side of the street.

I stayed at the Vagabond Inn (which is practically next door to your Holiday Inn) and walked down to the CVS in the morning to pick up sodas for my son & his girlfriend to take onboard.

BTW, there is a little hole-in-the-wall fish market/restaurant on S. Gaffey St. that made totally amazing fish tacos. It's called Baja Fish.

I don't recommend that Holiday Inn. I have read reviews on CC about it. If you must stay there, apparently DON'T eat in the restaurant.:rolleyes:

The places to stay in San Pedro are the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree. The DT is not near anything - but the CP may be. If you google map it, you can find stores nearby, or ask on the West Coast Departure boards. Someone always has an answer over there. I have stayed at the CP about 4 or 5 times. It is a nice hotel for a one night pre-stay.

You can often get the CP on Priceline for $65. If you pick 3* upscale (I think there is a bit higher one to pick now - choose that one), you pretty much always get the CP if it is available. Only the DT and CP have ratings that high in San Pedro, and both hotels are nice.:cool:

We stayed one night at the HOliday in in San Pedro in January. It is fine. The restaurant was fine for breakfast and our friends ate their for dinner the night before and had no complaints. They have a shuttle for $5 to the pier. There is a 7-11 across the street.

Archived