Holiday's Troubles

yayae2

engines are fine. the problem lies within the starboard side drive that runs the prop. Some parts were put in in Cozumel, but it did not fix the problem. We were on the January 31 cruise and the ship could only run at 1/2 speed. The starboard drive was run very briefly when we left Coz, but then shut down again.

We had fun anyway..........................:)

Today I called Carnival was told that she will go into dry dock and this propulsion issue will be remedied.

Since I don't leave until 25 April, by then all will be well. As Shakespeare once wrote " Much Ado About Nothing".

Today I called Carnival was told that she will go into dry dock and this propulsion issue will be remedied.

Since I don't leave until 25 April, by then all will be well. As Shakespeare once wrote " Much Ado About Nothing".

Unfortunately, yaya & I sail on the sailing immediately BEFORE she goes into dry dock!

Unfortunately, yaya & I sail on the sailing immediately BEFORE she goes into dry dock!

It should all work out for you. The lady on the phone said that people will still get their cruise, only the ship is travel slower.

Dunno, but she was about 2 hours late getting in this morning. On the positive side, she departed this afternoon at 4 PM sharp, right on schedule!

LOL! Cruzman we must have a similar commute! I noticed her still in the channel as I crossed the bay on my way to work that morning. Usually she's already docked at the cruise terminal when I'm on my way to work. It didn't appear to have affected her departure time, she was already out of sight by the time I headed home ~5:45pm.

and "go sailing"..I'm good...I have the last cruze b4 drydock..plus 6 more for the year. as well as the last one b4..going, going gone:(.I love that old boat!;)

A somewhat off topic question...

Were you doing the trivia thing out by the pool on the last morning of the 1-31 cruise and won a ship on a stick and the brit guy with very little hair called you by name?

A somewhat off topic question...

Were you doing the trivia thing out by the pool on the last morning of the 1-31 cruise and won a ship on a stick and the brit guy with very little hair called you by name?

LUCKY""7" ships on stix this cruise..un---presidented..now I have 16 and 3 medals..you didnt say hello!..actually..it was kinda of a "drive-by" game..I didnt look at the Capers, and was out tring to find warm..!An ROTC/Mil Science instructor, gave me a bow, also..I won by less than usual. Sports and recent TV/music, I suk at tho!!! soooo Lucky. Max and Richie Rich did the Trivia this time..I'm back for last cruze b4 dry dock, on Feb 23, then 7 more thru the year, including a b2b Halloween, and the last one b4 the trip across the pond. Even Brad Tassell, the comedian used me in his act one night. We have become pals, and he and I, and Manny the juggler have lunch 2gether sometimes. He pointed his finger at me, and said.."that lady has been on this ship 187 times"..actually, it will be 25 by years end..those 2 are great fellers!

Archived