Refund

Jacob0525

Good afternoon. My wife and I had to cancel our cruise on the Orchestra for the March 28th sailing. My wife is in school and her spring break is on a different week than our two sons. She didn't want to miss any classes and we didn't want to take our boys out of school for a week. Anyway, the booking was cancelled on January 5th and we have yet to receive our deposit back. We have called a couple of times and still no refund. Should it take this long? I have had to cancel a RCCI cruise before and it only took a few days to get the credit. Thanks for your help. We do want to try to go on the Orchestra next year, but will not unless I get my refund back. Thanks for your input.:(

I don't think it should take that long? Were you inside the refund window, I think it'sxx 75 days for MSC (but you can check the website, or even with a TA) If you had a TA I would ask him/her what gives, and if you don't have a TA I would call customer service and ask them why...was it just an oversight? or was it something more...... This is one of my reasons to always use a TA (just my choice). In any event there appears to be more to this situation than meets the eye...I know my refund window closed on the 18th of January and I am sailing the week after you would have been sailing (April 4th-11th) so I would definitley check this out.:D

Sorry you had to cancel your cruise!

Andy

I should have stated that my wife is a travel agent (part-time). She has called them twice and still no refund. We were in the window of cancelling because the final payment was not due until January 11th and we cancelled on January 5th. I did fax them a signed letter this past Friday but have not heard anything yet.

I canceled about a month ago for my cruise and still have not seen my refund. My TA said there was a glitch in the system and hopefully it should be credited to my account by tomorrow. If it is not she advised me to touch base with her again.

I should have stated that my wife is a travel agent (part-time). She has called them twice and still no refund. We were in the window of cancelling because the final payment was not due until January 11th and we cancelled on January 5th. I did fax them a signed letter this past Friday but have not heard anything yet.

If she is a TA she should be able to get a definitive answer from MSC.

Archived