I have a ? on price adjustments...

pacarolinagirl

I logged on to my cruise acct to see what was my balance was so that I could pay it off and noticed my balance had dropped $80. Is this normal? The cruise line had give me a price adjustment about a month ago when I called but now there is another one. Should I call and inquire or let it go & be prepared to pay the difference when I board the ship? I can't figure out what it would be for because I checked the prices for our cruise before I checked my acct and everything was the same. Hmmm! Any ideas? Thanks. :confused:

Yep, the 80$ sounds like a fuel supplement credit. No you don't have to worry, you will be charged what the final statement shows. Keep watching the cruiseline website to make sure you are getting all the credits that might show up for your room category pre cruise date too.

See my first thought was that it was the fuel surcharge but ours didn't come out to that total. The cruise rep also assured me that they would hold that amount until we boarded that way if fuel prices went back up we wouln't have to worry about it. She said we would have it returned in the form of OBC if the fuel prices stayed down. Hmmm! Maybe we just won't expect the OBC to be there. :)

See my first thought was that it was the fuel surcharge but ours didn't come out to that total. The cruise rep also assured me that they would hold that amount until we boarded that way if fuel prices went back up we wouln't have to worry about it. She said we would have it returned in the form of OBC if the fuel prices stayed down. Hmmm! Maybe we just won't expect the OBC to be there. :)

Was that a TRavel agent that told you that or a cruise line representative? If you have not made final payment then Fuel adjustments charges should have been dropped from your invoice of final payment. The cruise line does not "hold onto it" in case they re instate fuel charges. The only time it was being given as OBC instead was if final payment had already been made.

So who is holding this money, if in fact they are your TA? if so I would not put up with that myself.

Also the TA's I use, when I do, always monitor the cruise fare and if they go down at all or if there is a sale for which I would qualify, they automatically apply the discount so that there is often less due at final payment than originally billed.

Was that a TRavel agent that told you that or a cruise line representative? If you have not made final payment then Fuel adjustments charges should have been dropped from your invoice of final payment. The cruise line does not "hold onto it" in case they re instate fuel charges. The only time it was being given as OBC instead was if final payment had already been made.

So who is holding this money, if in fact they are your TA? if so I would not put up with that myself.

Also the TA's I use, when I do, always monitor the cruise fare and if they go down at all or if there is a sale for which I would qualify, they automatically apply the discount so that there is often less due at final payment than originally billed.

It was the cruise line rep that told me they would hold it for OBC credit if fuel prices stayed low. Who knows? $80 now or $80 later...they'll get it back once I board with my daily drinks. LOL!

It was the cruise line rep that told me they would hold it for OBC credit if fuel prices stayed low. Who knows? $80 now or $80 later...they'll get it back once I board with my daily drinks. LOL!

Never heard of some "holding it" in case...... Generally you get the credit immediately on your statement.

Archived